Two Diamond in Alaska Questions...

conchqn

Could anyone please tell me if the pool area is warm enough to be used in Alaska in May and also if we need to pack a suit for formal night? If we don't pack a suit, do we need to eat in the buffet or are there other options? Thanks, we're leaving next week and I need to start packing! Appreciate any help. Pat

I did the Diamond to Alaska last year, but in July. She has a covered pool that you can use no matter what the weather, so you will at least be able to swim there. And yes, you do need to pack a suit if you want to go to the dining room on formal nights (or rent a tux from Cruiseline Formalwear that they will deliver to your cabin). If you decide not to go formal, you can eat at the Horizon Court buffet or order room service (limited menu).

One more question... is the formal night dinner worth getting dressed up for? The last cruise we were on, formal night was lobster and it was terrible. It really wasn't worth the trouble of packing all the dress clothes.

Archived