Bathrooms on Serenade of the Seas

Mim Lloyd

Hi

My sister has a false leg (below the knee). We're booked in Balcony cabins on this ship for next February but didn't request disabled cabins as she won't take a wheelchair on holiday.

Our only concern about the cabin is the bathroom. She has to remove her leg when bathing/showering and are wondering if she can request a small stool to be in the shower. As it's not a disabled cabin, there won't be a shower seat already fitted.

Who should she ask and when? Can it be requested before we travel or do we wait until we board?

Thanks!

Getting a shower stool shouldn't be a problem. I've even requested them when we have a HC cabin with a built-in seat that is mounted too low for my 6' 2" husband.

Either call the RCCL 800 number and ask for their special needs desk or send them an email from their web site.. They should be able to reserve one for you. Note: Perhaps I am overly cautious, but after having a few experiences where information regarding handicap transportation did not get passed from the special needs desk to the ship, I prefer emailing them. They respond to my email and I take a copy of their response with me as proof of their comittment.

Archived