Number of passengers on a cabin waitlist

Lane40

Booked on Golden Princess December 16th cruise out of New Orleans. We are interested in possibly booking B751 or B748, but both are listed as waitlist only on the Princess website. I have asked our travel agent to add us to the waitlist and how many other passengers were on the waitlist. She told us that she could not find out that information, so I called Princess directly to inquire. Princess phone rep told me that since we were already booked, we could only get that information from our travel agent.

How do I find out where we are on the waitlist or even if we are on the waitlist?

Two options: 1) Have a friend call Princess directly and ask about the availability of the GS or OS on that sailing, and if there is a long waitlist. 2) Go back to your Travel Agent and ask them to find out more specific information. They should at least be able to find out if there are a lot of requests or not, and if Princess is really making a list.

Since there are only those two individual suites of those categories, and they are already booked, it is unlikely that Princess will form a very long waitlist, if one at all. Those cabins tend to book far in advance and barring any last minute cancellation, once they are gone, they are gone.

There are, however, many stories on this board of folks being 'on a waitlist', only to find that a suitable cabin eventually does become available and they or their TA is never notified. So check back online at least daily, particularly around the time final payments are due. You might get lucky. And keep your TA on speed dial.

That is one reason I dont like using an agent.It seems once you have an agent your reservation is untouchable by you. I hate it. Lesson learned for me.

That is a good point. I cannot believe that I have made this reservation (and also reserved 3 other cabins) and have paid the deposits but cannot access my requested information. It is like the info is top notch double super secret. Like I told the Princess rep....I'm not looking for names, just tell me the number of people on the waitlist and where I am on the list.

Booked on Golden Princess December 16th cruise out of New Orleans. We are interested in possibly booking B751 or B748, but both are listed as waitlist only on the Princess website. I have asked our travel agent to add us to the waitlist and how many other passengers were on the waitlist. She told us that she could not find out that information, so I called Princess directly to inquire. Princess phone rep told me that since we were already booked, we could only get that information from our travel agent.

How do I find out where we are on the waitlist or even if we are on the waitlist?

Your TA is either lazy, uninformed or contacted a clueless Princess rep.

I direct booked a Princess cruise and had no problem learning how many were on a specific waitlist. The Princess rep obviously had the info at her fingertips because she responded immediately.

Ask your TA to try again. Tell her you called and Princess told you the info is available, but they can only reply to your TA.

Dealing with a cruise line can be a pain when you've booked thru a travel agency. Our next cruise is booked with a TA. I called Princess to change our table size and was told only the TA could do that!

I can understand dealing thru the TA on financial or logistical matters, but not such simple requests and info.

Archived