OK, I'm not going to panic yet!!!

I'm going to kill my best friend!!! She decides TODAY to get her and her DH's documentation together, now she can't find her birth certificate and we leave MONDAY at 8am. She's combing through everything right now trying to find it!!! My question is this, how long does it take to get from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral. She can go to the State building Monday morning at 8 - and catch a later flight. That would get her into Orlando at 3pm!!!!! All aboard is at 4:30 - talk about cutting it close. Does she have a chance? Considering the flight gets in on time. I was thinking we could take their luggage with us to cut out the waiting in baggage claim. Somebody tell me something good, please!!!

Wow, sorry to hear that. Let's hope that she finds the BC between now and Monday morning. It's got to be in the house somewhere.

I have not yet cruised on RCCL, but on HAL we have not had to show BC's, only our passports. Does RCCL require a BC regardless? Does she have a passport?

Hope all works out...try to get her to stay calm, its easy to overlook things when you're panicking!

You should also be advised that we are having lots of wildfires here in FL. Several of them have closed the main route to Port Canaveral from Orlando (the Beachline aka Beeline Expressway). Lately this route has been closed at least once a day or so it seems. You may call 511 from your cell phone once you get into Florida to check the road closures. I sure hope your friend finds her birth certificate. Have a great cruise.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know of someone that this happened to a few years ago. I know she made a few phone calls to a few people in town who knew someone that happened to know the town clerk in her town. She offered to pay the town clerk a couple of hundred dollars to come in and open the town hall to give her a copy of her birth certificate. You never know... it may be worth a few calls to see if the town clerk would come in.

First cruise accidentally went to Port Everglades instaead of Port Canaveral. Had to drive 2 1/2 hours to PC arrived at 4:55 and got on ship with help of porters, and ships pursers. RCI could'nt have been more helpful!!

Will always sail RCI !!

I have not yet cruised on RCCL, but on HAL we have not had to show BC's, only our passports. Does RCCL require a BC regardless? Does she have a passport?

no, RCCL does not require a BC "regardless" if you have a passport. you do not need the BC if you have a passport, but if no passport, then yes.. BC is required.

My husband was aloud to board last year on our Rhapsody cruise out of Galveston without his BC and he didn't have a passport either. There was a form he had to fill out because of it but he was aloud to board. Have you called RCI yet?

Thanks for all of the replies so quickly. She just called me - found it!!! It was at her mothers. We were all a little freaked out because she just moved a few months ago and were afraid they got lost. She took a break from looking to calm down, said a prayer, and found it! I'm so happy. This is their first cruise, never taken a honeymoon in 9 years so I'm glad they will be joining us! Sovereign here we come!!!!

Wow! I just saw this thread and was reading the posts and starting to feel really bad for your friend. I am SO glad she found her BC. Be sure to have a BIG celebratory drink when you board!

Wow! I just saw this thread and was reading the posts and starting to feel really bad for your friend. I am SO glad she found her BC. Be sure to have a BIG celebratory drink when you board!
I agree, but make her pay for it. After all she did put you through all of this stress.:D

Thanks for all of the replies so quickly. She just called me - found it!!! It was at her mothers. We were all a little freaked out because she just moved a few months ago and were afraid they got lost. She took a break from looking to calm down, said a prayer, and found it! I'm so happy. This is their first cruise, never taken a honeymoon in 9 years so I'm glad they will be joining us! Sovereign here we come!!!!

FANTASTIC news!!! We hope you have a wonderful vacation :D

###

Same sort of thing happened to me with my wallet. Looked nearly evreywhere, frantic. Then eventually I calmed down, said a prayer. and there it was like 5 seconds later!

It happens..Took my 18 daughter and three friends on a four day cruise on Majesty of the Seas for Spring Break. The day before which was Sunday, we get a call that two of the girls could not find their BC. Thought they were in a safe deposit box at the bank. Had to change flights to leave later and arrive at 3:15 Miami. Only one was in the box Monday morning and Mom went looking again at home for it. I went to the airport. She called a half hour later to say she had found it and was headed that way. Got all they way to the airport, parked in a tow away zone, running in the airport with no shoes yelling "He left me". I had to get on the plane because the last call had been made. We missed each other by a minute. Got to Atlanta and found out my sister, who was going with us, had their mother fax BC to the Business office at the FT Lauderdale airport, then had it noterized. Then they went to the boat and RCI let them on. Now I had to get there in time. Once landed in Miami, I found a taxi and told him to get me to the airport in a hurry and alive. Running lights, driving fast we made it. Had a wonderful cruise and are sailing on the 2nd cruise June 11 on Freedeom of the Seas. Can't Wait !!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your friend. I know of someone that this happened to a few years ago. I know she made a few phone calls to a few people in town who knew someone that happened to know the town clerk in her town. She offered to pay the town clerk a couple of hundred dollars to come in and open the town hall to give her a copy of her birth certificate. You never know... it may be worth a few calls to see if the town clerk would come in.

As a former New England Town Clerk - I have to say that I would go in for someone, but that might not be the case in a bigger city.

Archived