GTY Fare

Scotty1

After reading some of the posts, I have a couple of questions about GTY fares. Can one assume that it is similar to a run of the house rate at a hotel, i.e. your pricing is based on the lowest room rate but you may wind up with a higher rate room ? My last question is can you request this at time of booking ?

Thanks

I had a GTY until a few weeks before my April cruise to the Caribbean, when I discovered my cabin number had been assigned. It was a single run of ship rate and I ended up on deck 5 in stateroom 201. Although it was a bit forward (right behind the classic suite on that deck), I was happy because I loved going out to the bow, and 201 was just about as close as it gets! Also, deck 5 had reception, those cute murals (I just loved them!), the computer room and the King Olaf lounge. It was very handy! The cabin rocked, both figuratively (gorgeous) and literally (a couple of whoooohoooooo days at sea)!

That being said, I agree with blackbird....I'd be happy anywhere, just to be on Seabourn!

Jane :)

Want to talk about the secret suite's: 100 & 101?? If you've not visited these, on your next cruise, GO~~~take a look 'around. They are assigned to the lecturer's, duplicate bridge instructors, pianist, etc. These "least expensive" suite's are 'lit mini Owner's Suites!

As I need to be close to the Purser "Welcoming Desk" (party planning, invitations, menus, board meetings, etc.) the suites would not be convenient for me........but I do LOVEEE the configuration and lay-out! And right next to the Laundry Chapel!!!:p

Blackbird, you could host a "Come do your laundry and Champagne Morning Social!":D

Martita

Off hand Martita

Why do they reserve 100&101 for non-rev passengers if they are bigger. I understand the noise would be higher during docking but I have done that before.

While I have looked at all the suites, I have not seen one I would not like. Having said that there are a couple that do look better than others like 201.

Those suites are "different" and, as Seabourn stresses the uniformity of the suites. Also, being low and forward you will tend to hear the anchor and chain when anchoring. Others do not like being near the small laundry (though I am not sure that is a real issue). Others do not like being that far forward because of the movement. Giving those suites to lecturers, etc. makes the most sense as the potential issues are eliminated.

Personally I would have no problem with them. I think more people would be dissappointed being assigned one of the suites that have showers only and no bathtubs. But, that is why they make chocolate and vanilla!

BTW, there is a difference between a category GTY and a Run of Ship (ROS). A GTY means you will not get lower than that category, so an A1 GTY will get no lower than an A1 or a B2 will not get lower than a B2. A ROS may get anything, though they tend to stay on Deck 4 A or A1).

Iamboatman

I book ROS but my online form says GTY. So that may lead to some confusion on some ppl's part.

The whole ROS GTY vs. the A or B type GTY is confusing for most. Also, since some of the promotions (like free hotel) don't necessarily apply to ROS (single) rates, it can get even moreso.

I am sure the software running the online portion of the guest registration program doesn't have the sophistication to show every GTY category (SB, AGTY, B2GTY, etc.). Each passenger, if they have a good TA or booked directly with Seabourn, will know exactly what category they booked in and that it is some flavor of GTY.

It means Seabourn guaranty, and you will get assigned "a suite" somewhere onboard!!! It could be anything from an A to an A3B. Whatever it is, you will likely be just fine.

Denyse

Hi all,

I am going to be leaving the US early to spend some time in Europe and get there the long way! Seabourn says my cruise is sold out and I won't have a cabin till I get to the pier. Anyone every recieve their cabin # at the pier? Do I have to worry about my baggage tags, or its no big deal due to the size of the ship?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I just randomly checked the guest registration form online and my cabin has changed from GTY to 300, I hope that means cabin 300, its got a tub! and it close the the bow hot tub!

Thanks again everyone for all the great advice.

Martita, I have a co-worker who sailed with you on the Pride in Dec 2004 in the caribbean, small world for Seabourn's most famous passenger!

We are about to make our reservation on the Dec 2nd sailing ex Barbados. We've been offered a really good rate for on a GTY booking. what are the chances of ending up in a disabled cabin with no bath tub ?

Koalabear, on all three triplets, there are 4 handicapped suites, two each on Decks 4 and 5. On the Pride, there are 6 additional suites that have a shower only but a queen size fold-down from the wall Murphy Bed (as we say here in the US). The Murphy Bead would always "be down" for your voyage. I have not sailed on the Pride, but I have sailed in these shower only suites with Muyrphy bed on the Legend and there is a small "ledge" to go over to get into the bathroom and another "ledge" to go over to get into the roomy shower. Hence, I do not think these suites would qualify as a "disabled" suite as negotiating these little "ledges" might be problematic for a wheelchair. Check with Seabourn to be sure.

That said, if you require a handicapped suite you should have your TA request it to avoid dissapointment and a potentially difficult situation. Also, these handicapped suites are in the A1 and A2 categories so it might cost more to be berthed in one of these four handicapped suites.

I hope this helps and good luck with your booking! :)

I'm on Legend July 1st to July 22nd...

Host Dan

Dan - can I stowaway in your luggage??? I'm having serious withdrawal problems at the minute - and November seems SO far away.:( Love Sue.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your info. Unfortunately, I didn't explain myself very well. We are hoping not to get a disabled suite from our Gty booking. I would prefer to have a tub. That said, the Gty price is so much more favourable that I'm sure we could live without one for a week !

Many thanks again for your info, and fingers crossed for a tub !

Archived