Pirates Museum

SF

It was a rather rainy day and we were beached out anyway from the Pirates of the Bahama's beach party the day before so we walked over to the museum. It was fun to go thru - my boys esp. enjoyed it. :)

Hi - I am guessing on the price but I think it was around 25-30 for 2 adults and 2 kids. They had a "pirate ship" inside the building that you walked through and it told you about pirate life by setting up scenes with manequins and props and such. They had scenes set up through out the whole museum like that - what pirates did, famous pirates, famous battles etc. At the end they have old weapons, jewels and such on display. It was interesting to see how they had it all set up and what pirate life was like. I would say it took us about an hour or so to go thru.

HTH,

Dawn

We saw the price of $12 on the website and also through the ship's shore excursion list. We opted to just walk to the museum and decide then if we wanted to go through. When we got there, the guy at the museum entrance only charged us $10 a piece if we paid cash. So my advice is not to buy tickets in advance... you might just get a better deal at the door.

We enjoyed the museum and the little gift shop next door.

Lady_K:

We are thinking of going there when on our cruise. Would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions.

How long a walk is it from where the ship docks?

How long did it take for you to go thru the museum?

What type of exhibits did they have?

Thanks.

It's not a far walk from the ships, about 1 1/2 blocks from the Straw Market.

It took us about 45 -60 minutes to wander through.

As for exhibits, think Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Kids should enjoy it (whether their age be 8 or 80)

Also, stop at the tourist booth at the pier, they generally have discount coupons.

Kathy

Archived