Carnival Legend from NYC

crusinsusan

Hi Susuan - we did this cruise last year in August. The ship is awesome and the ports are great. However in order to get there you have to sail down (and then back up) the East coast of the Atlantic and, yes, it can be rough. I suggest you grab some bommine or dramamine, just in case, and go for it.

Bob & Gay

Hi Susan- We just returned from that cruise this past Thursday. The ship moves a bit, more like "bounces" than rolling. If you've been on a ship without stabilizers, the Legend does not roll back & forth like that. Everyone reacts differently to the movement of the ship. We met one couple on her first cruise, his second; the wife felt sick the first 2 days, the husband said it didn't bother him a bit. Personally, the ship's movement tends to put me to sleep. Our teenage son said he prefers the ship to move because he said it felt like being on a ship rather than in a big building.

On my Legend cruise last year, seas were fine except for the first full sea day. It was a rolling motion, which usually doesn't bother me, but this time it did make me queasy. I took some sea sickness pills and was fine. The Legend is a beautiful ship, and I loved St. Thomas and Tortola! Would do it again in a moment (if I had the cash!)

Just got off the Legend on Thurs. June 24th. We had beautiful weather the whole time and the water was as smooth as silk until we were just about to New York and we hit 5 foot waves. I have cruised before so it didnt bother me. But when in doubt ..always take some dramamine.

We looked in some of the over-priced shops and funded a few of the many panhanders. Liked getting there early so we could get back to the ship when it was still very light out. Never been to PR before, now I can say I have and never will have to go back again.

We sailed the Legend last October out of NY. To date - this has been my first and only cruise so I have nothing to compare but I thought we rocked quite a bit!! I was fine but my one roomie did get sick the first night. After a while you just get used to the rocking back and forth! Otherwise - this was a great ship and cruise!!!!

Archived