Where is the best place to be on the Dawn leaving NYC?

goldesq

Starboard? Port? Front or back? Is the Bimini Bar outside? That seems like the top of the ship and front so maybe that bar is a good idea?

If the weather is bad, go to the Spinnaker Lounge on Deck 12 and you'll still have the view you're looking for.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

From the forward area of the Bimini Deck you can see the Manhattan skyline on your left, the Statue of Liberty on your right and the towering Verrazano Bridge straight ahead. If it's raining or too cold, the Spinnaker Lounge is a good alternative.

Where is the best place to be on the Dawn leaving NYC?

I'd punctuate your question differently if it were me....see below:

Where is the best place to be? On the Dawn leaving NYC!

Stephen, your constant policing of the boards is getting tiresome. CC has the following in the guidelines:

Spelling and Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#10

Stephen,....... text deleted.......

Get a sense of humor . I know it is Monday but read what he did. He just added a period to give it a great new meaning - The Dawn is the best place to be.

I got it. I thought it was great.

I think you should edit your post

I think you should edit your post

In what way? I'm sorry, it was just that this was the third thread that I encountered where he was correcting someone for spelling or punctuation. :eek:

Oh well now I am driving this off-topic, so who am I to point fingers :rolleyes:

Carry on!

In what way? I'm sorry, it was just that this was the third thread that I encountered where he was correcting someone for spelling or punctuation. :eek:

Oh well now I am driving this off-topic, so who am I to point fingers :rolleyes:

Carry on!

CruisinMatt, the vast majority of "corrections" you will have seen me post are intended to be humourous, and not lecturing.

Indeed most of my posts will have some degree of humour in them, since I am typically a very optimistic & happy guy.

I love languages (speak 5 of them), and love the way things translate, and the way words can be misconstrued (like the one about "put me out of my misery", people had just been talking about Jack the Ripper in another thread, and I tried to tie the two of them together). Apparently I shouldn't quit my day job, but it's also not the same as saying:

"hey, you idiot, you misspelled xxxxxxx "

My all-time favorite is a sign I saw at the side of a street in Quebec City, it said (in French) "Faites attention à nos enfants, c'est peut-être le vôtre".

Which translates to:

"Please watch out for our children, they may be yours."

My first thought was .... I don't THINK I have any children..... ;)

If you don't mind me asking sjbdtz...What are the 5 languages that you speak?

loved your revision..."Where is the best place to be? On the Dawn sailing out of NYC!" Precisely! :) I also miss Jack the Ripper from the "Bogus charges after the cruise" thread! :rolleyes:

I toss a sleeping cat out of our BR everynight...Who cares about sleeping cats?

When the Dawn sails out of NY harbor, if it's even VAGUELY nice, the best place to be is outside. If it's winter--inside.

There is a best place to be in both those cases, but you don't want to know where that is! :)

If you don't mind me asking sjbdtz...What are the 5 languages that you speak?

loved your revision..."Where is the best place to be? On the Dawn sailing out of NYC!" Precisely! :) I also miss Jack the Ripper from the "Bogus charges after the cruise" thread! :rolleyes:

English, French, Spanish, Latin & a bit of Russian (and I'm trying to learn Polish)

and...thank you! :cool:

Stephen, your constant policing of the boards is getting tiresome. CC has the following in the guidelines:

Spelling and Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#10

hello, read what he said, it was a play on words, not a spelling lesson!

edited to note that others had already responded in kind!

Archived