Stay/Park/Cruise NY?

popsec

Anyone know of a hotel in NY that offers extended parking for the cruise duration?

Do you mean Manhattan? If so, only one hotel I know of doesn't charge for parking and that is the Travel Inn and no hotel will let you leave your car for free. Hotels themselves have to rent space in parking garages.

You may find a hotel in Queens or The Bronx that will let you leave your car but for the hassle, I would just park at the port.

Since it would be easier if we stayed in NY after the long drive down, a stay/park hotel sounded like a good idea. I didn't necessarily mean free parking but sometimes it's figured into the price or isn't prohibitive on a daily rate basis......As parking at the port would be abt $200 for the 8 days anyway, that would be part of the consideration....

Since it would be easier if we stayed in NY after the long drive down, a stay/park hotel sounded like a good idea. I didn't necessarily mean free parking but sometimes it's figured into the price or isn't prohibitive on a daily rate basis......As parking at the port would be abt $200 for the 8 days anyway, that would be part of the consideration....

The price for parking at the NYC port in Manhattan maxes out at $180. Where are you driving in from? You could always leave your car at one of the NJTransit train stations and take NJTransit in but I don't know how good I'd feel about doing that.

Can you take public transportation to NYC? If a round trip train ride would be less than or equal to $200, I'd strongly consider that.

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the port in NYC? What area on priceline would be the closest? Which airport would be the best destination (closest to the port)? Has anyone ever taken a cruise out of New York to the Carribean in Feb? Thanks for your responses.

Where is the port in NYC? What area on priceline would be the closest? Which airport would be the best destination (closest to the port)? Has anyone ever taken a cruise out of New York to the Carribean in Feb? Thanks for your responses.

Carnival's port in NY is at 12th Avenue (The West Side Highway)

Piers 88/90/92

711 12th Ave

New York, NY

Blueherons, what do you think of the area where The Travel Inn is? It has decent reviews on Tripadvisor and the price is great but I've read elsewhere that 10th Ave is seedy. Have you stayed there?

Blueherons, what do you think of the area where The Travel Inn is? It has decent reviews on Tripadvisor and the price is great but I've read elsewhere that 10th Ave is seedy. Have you stayed there?

It isn't one of my favorite neighborhoods but then again neither is Times Square.

For the price and the amenities, yes, I'd stay there in a heartbeat just for the free parking.

Tenth Avenue isn't seedy, it just is more of an industrial neighborhood. Walk two blocks east and you are right smack in the middle of Times Square. Literally.

Archived