For MattinFLL: Royal Suite question

JohnSax

Hi Matt--Tony and I have the RS booked for the Serenade 14 day Canal trip April 2005. I believe I read a while back you had one on one of the Voyager ships. Saw it while in Hawaii on the Serenade last month so I know the layout and appointments. Can you provide some more details on what else to expect?

My friend Ron had the RS on the Explorer...on that sailing I had an OS. Anyway, besides the very luxurious appointments, and the usual top suite perks like the concierge access and the afternoon goodies and the priority everything, you will probably also get a complimentary bar set up with a variety of liter bottles of alcohol. You do not get a butler, but your attendant will be there for you when you need him.

I think it depends on the concierge on your sailing, how much extra attention you get for being in the most expensive cabin on board...

There was also no special invitation to the captain's table or anything like that.

But it's hard to be disappointed while sailing in such a great suite.

Have fun!

Well, if you click on my pictures link, you can see detailed photos of the explorer suite. There's not a lot more to share about the experience. You get priority embarkation, everyone who walks by when you go in or out of your cabin looks at you with envy :), you'll have a good table in the dining room, with the best waiters..and the best cabin steward... you have access to the concierge and concierge lounge. And the concierge will take care of everything for you that you would normally have to stand in line for or visit the purser's or tour desk.. such as reservations at Portofino's, ice show tickets, private ice skating and rock wall times, shore excursions, priority tender tickets, etc. You can jacuzzi on your balcony or in your bathroom... you'll love it.

Matt--thanks for the info. One more question. I was looking at some pics of the RS in Webshots, I think, a while back, and spotted something which said "Royal Suite Room Service Menu" or something similar. Since there is a fairly large dining area in the suite, does the RS have some special in-suite dining perks. I just had an OS on the Serenade last month in Hawaii and while I Loved the suite and the usual amenities, we did NOT have a special room service menu. Do you or anyone else have any info on this?

Archived