Airfare Question from Orlando to Alaska

tap & dap

We are going to Alaska next year on Princess Cruises. Was wondering if anyone booked their airfare through them from Orlando to Fairbanks and back from Vancouver to Orlando?

Would love to know time of day they flew, what airline, and what the connections were.

Thanks

Tom and Diana

We are going to Alaska next year on Princess Cruises. Was wondering if anyone booked their airfare through them from Orlando to Fairbanks and back from Vancouver to Orlando?

Would love to know time of day they flew, what airline, and what the connections were.

Thanks

Tom and Diana

Cruise air could be any airline, any connections, and sometimes VERY inconvenient timing. One person on these boards booked cruise air, arrives in Fairbanks late and then starts the cruise tour EARLY the following morning. Not a fun way to start vacation. And has three stops on top of all that.

Book the cruise air- that way you have a back up. Then start looking for your own. You will be able to pick your airline, pick your flight time, maybe break up your trip so you don't spend quite so long flying one day, and still save money, even paying for a hotel and a little rest and relaxation. And when you find EXACTLY what you want, cancel the cruise air. Can be cancelled anytime before final payment.

Orlando to Fairbanks in one day is a LOOOONG trip. Maybe book a RT MCO/Seattle, then a one way out of Seattle to Fairbanks, with an overnight in Seattle. If you book early enough (like October/November for next summer) the one ways to Alaska out of Seattle on Alaska Airlines are reasonable. Lots of ways to get to Seattle from Vancouver. Vancouver is generally a pretty expensive place to fly in and out of. Often more than $150.00pp difference between Vancouver and Seattle. You can easily pay for the shuttle or train to Seattle and have enough money left over for a hotel and sightseeing, if that is what you choose.

I am flying my mom from MCO to Anchorage on Alaska Air. I booked in February for our cruise in August.She departs MCO at 0815 and arrives in Seattle at 1107. I meet her there (I am flying in from Washington DC) and we take a flight to Anchorage together at 1207 and arrive at 1441. The schedule changed significantly since I booked it (these are the new times), but my price stayed the same and it is lots lower then the flights list for now. We are on a southbound cruise and will fly home out of Seattle. Our ship ports in Vancouver, but again, airfare from Seattle was a lot cheaper. Hope this helps give you an idea. Her ticket was $390, it is now $609!

I've been checking out flights from Orlando to Seattle for 2-3 months for a summer cruise. I had found one for around 340 that I should have jumped at. Now they are around 500ish and I have checked out 5-6 airports from Miami to Jax including Orlando and Tampa. None of them times are great, just due to the time difference.

We are going the same route in early July this year. I considered buying through Princess, since it wasn't much higher in price, but as was pointed out above, you never know what time of day, long layovers, etc. that you may end up with. We are taking my 81yr old Mom with us, so convenience was most important. Our tickets were about $750, but we leave 8am and arrive in Fairbanks at 2pm, so even with the time change it wasnt bad. Coming home we arrive back in Orlando at 7pm, again not bad for a long trip. Good Luck and have fun!

We booked r/t Washington DC to Seattle (on United) last fall for the trip that we begin on Monday. We're flying to Seattle on Monday, staying overnight in Seattle, then flying on Alaska Air to Fairbanks (through Anchorage) on Tuesday. When I found fares that we were comfortable with, we booked and stopped looking. I think it was about $700 each total. We're taking the Princess transfer from Vancouver to Seattle on June 3, overnight in Seattle again and flying home on June 4.

DH doesn't care for flying, but will suffer through it if it means vacation! He just came back from a business trip to LA last week, and is freaking out about taking 3 flights in 2 days next week! Me--I just get on the plane, close my eyes and sleep!

Now I'm trying to find reasonable fares to Chicago in July. Any ideas?

We are going the same route in early July this year. I considered buying through Princess, since it wasn't much higher in price, but as was pointed out above, you never know what time of day, long layovers, etc. that you may end up with. We are taking my 81yr old Mom with us, so convenience was most important. Our tickets were about $750, but we leave 8am and arrive in Fairbanks at 2pm, so even with the time change it wasnt bad. Coming home we arrive back in Orlando at 7pm, again not bad for a long trip. Good Luck and have fun!

Thanks all for the great information, was wondering what airline you are flying saw a flight on Northwest that only stops in Minneapolis on the way to Fairbanks and again on the way back from Vancouver, thinking of booking it.

Alaska Airlines also serves Orlando from Seattle with twice daily service connection to Fairbanks flights that either stop in Anchorage or go nonstop.

Vancouver to Seattle would be on Horizon Air, Alaska's sister carrier with a connection to Orlando. Check out their website at http://www.alaskaair.com and do a multi-city search.

You can also take Delta to Salt Lake City with a connection to Anchorage; then do a Vancouver-Salt Like City leg, with a connection to Orlando.

We're actually booked on a Princess cruise in August (Whittier to Vancouver)

We're flying from MCO to Anchorage and Seattle to MCO. As others have mentioned the price out of Vancouver was just too much.

We're flying Delta and our flight times are early but that is what we wanted.

Depart Orlando 7:05 am arrive Anchorage 2:39 pm

Leave Seattle 7:00 am arrive Orlando 5:18 pm

Cost was about $400

Good luck:)

We are on Northwest thru Minnieapolis on the way up, arriving at approx. 230, then leave approx Noon from Vancouver, thru Memphis, arriving in Orlando around 730pm. I'll let you know how it all turns out....

We are on Northwest thru Minnieapolis on the way up, arriving at approx. 230, then leave approx Noon from Vancouver, thru Memphis, arriving in Orlando around 730pm. I'll let you know how it all turns out....

Thanks that would be great!!!

Tom and Diana

Archived