Sea & Stay Program "Red-Eye" Question

CelebrityMan

We've just received word that for our Sea & Stay program out of Ft. Lauderdale that we're being put on an overnight 'red-eye' flight.

Now, if we were flying from the west coast to a European disembarkation I might understand, but we're only going transcontinental from Portland, Oregon to Ft. Lauderdale.

We've sailed with Celebrity since 1998, have always used their air arrangements with satisfaction, and have used the Sea & Stay program in the past. I'm not at all thrilled at the prospect of using one of our two days in Ft. Lauderdale just to recover from an all-night flight.

Since it's the weekend I wasn't able to call Celebrity directly yesterday afternoon, but will talk with them next week.

I'm curious if any of my fellow Cruise Critics have had this 'red-eye' problem happen to them?

I've found it easier to book my own flights when sailing to/from the US. Celebrity (actually any cruiseline) often arranges very inconvenient flights. If you are Captains Club you can request custom air at no cost.

we fly from portland to ft laud often to visit family and always take the red eye because we are clear of the airport in fla by noon and have at least a 1/2 day (a tired one at best) to spend with family - if we fly during the day we lose that entire day -dont get in til 7 or 8 pm because of the time difference and you are still tired from a full day of flying ---have done it both ways and the red eye is best for us

We also fly out of Portland. The red eye flights were all we could get for out 2/18/05 Summit Cruise so chose to do our own. Got good prices and good times out. We fly quite frequently so we were able to use "miles" for one of our air tickets! Sooo actually saved alot of money. We just don't sleep on planes, Hubby is to tall, and me...I am to interested in what's going on.

Archived