Anyone else having trouble????????????????

QueenYaYah

Is anyone else having trouble getting through to HA????? Called earlier today and was on hold for at least 30 minutes before an operator came on, I explained my question and that I thought I needed someone is Ship Services - he said no - I needed Reservations and put my on hold - FOR ANOTHER 25 MINUTES!!! - when the rep came on the line and I asked my question she said I needed Ship Services!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She gave me a phone number and fax number (phone number is WRONG).

Just wanted to know if anyone else was having these problems - hope I'm not the only one!

I'm having problems with HAL's Internet site. All the links on the site I've tried today are broken.

It's possible that if HAL is using Voice over IP (VoIP) for their phone lines, and they're having an internet problem today, the phone lines could be affected as well. A REAL good reason not to have VoIP!!

Also, our campany's national incoming Sprint lines are down today, HAL may be also using Sprint. Our office read that when we had Sprint problems a few weeks ago, several huge companies were affected.

I had no trouble getting on to my immigration form earlier today, I was surprised since my cruise isn't until Dec. When I need to call HAL, I cheat a little. I call the office in Seattle on thier local number. Haven't had any trouble when I've done that.

We've had trouble off and on for weeks, so it takes patience. Often, the hold times are lengthy, but if you count on it, boom - you get through right away. There's no rhyme or reason that I can find. Sometimes, the website, especially, is uncooperative. I don't remember having so much difficulty last year, so maybe it is a glitch. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Good luck,

Scrumpy

Hello everybody

it is not only its HAL web-side, poor menu structure, no E-Mail reply, but as a European, I must say, calling transatlantic, and those very long "hold times" really bother me !?! :mad:

And Hal do not tread in a equal manner everywhere => just for example the Mariner Magazine, I never received it here in Europe, because they never send it to Europe. This is similarly for brochures and other stuff !

The actual Magazine is even no more a Magazine, but a multi-sub structure presentation. Not really wrong, but before it was a PDF file, easily downloadable and much appreciated, but the Spring 2006 one….. :confused:

G E R D

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

82 days - almost 22'500 Nm

Future Cruises :

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July,4 2006

MS Veendam- Southern Caribbean – March,18 2007

I am so frustrated that if I wasn't so close I would seriously consider cancelling and going with a different cruise line. I have been trying for 3 weeks to fill out the immigration forms, you fill them out and when you are done then you find out that they are not available. I have send numerous emails to technical support. Many replies said there was not problem, finally they admitted that there is a problem and that I could email my information and someone might enter it onto our file, or I could call. Oh boy.... after waiting for a hour I finally got throught to Mary Johnson who said oh no you have to talk to someone in reservations, so back on hold for another 20 minutes, then I was told that no they would not take the information just fill in the forms. I explained that 2 of our party had express checkin and we needed to have the other 2 in our party with express check in. She said that it didn't matter at which time I said, so there really isn't anything called express checkin and she said well not really, everyone waits in the same line up, but if they already had the information on their computer it was be faster. So I said wouldn't it be better if you took the information and entered it now, but she wouldn't. Holy crap are these people for real. After our last cruise I said I would never sail HAL again - I wish I would have meant it. I never had problems like this with Princess or Royal Caribbean. I am now going to do some research and find out who is in charge and start my letter writing campaign. Customers should not be treated like this especially if they want repeat business.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I BELONG IN THIS "CLUB" TOO...MY PATIENCE IS WANING!

I've had intermitent difficulty getting through on HAL's website, not to mention many phone calls with the message that "due to large call volume...call back later" and never getting through to anyone for the past week. I have two 800 numbers and the same problem with both of them. Then, when I "am allowed to wait"...the "wait" is forever! THANK GOD FOR "SPEAKER" PHONES! I was determined to "talk" with a real person today and when I was finally allowed to "wait"...("we appreciate your call...your business is important to us")...I was "on hold" for 1 1/2 hours, during which time I was drafting an email to HAL since I've not gotten a call back from either of the two messages I left. Just at the point where I was going to "hang up" because I had something else I needed to do and couldn't take the phone with me, a nice HAL rep got on the phone. Sadly, I wasn't able to accomplish what I needed to...but at least I did talk with someone. Persistence paid off and I was finally able to get through when I couldn't on the internet...but to what end?!?!?!?!?

I hope they get this situation straightened out soon...it seems to be getting worse instead of better!

I've not yet taken a cruise with HAL...and to this point, my research has convinced me that I'm going to LOVE my HAL experience, but it seems that their internet site and phone lines are not in step with the rave reviews that every past passenger gives for their on-board service experiences.

Debjo

Archived