SS vs. SY cabin?

cool change

We have always traveled in a deluxe veradah suite ( for the past 4 cruises) but have not yet traveled on Hals bigger ships. We are booked this fall for an SY cabin for a back to back cruise, however, we are a bit nervous about being happy with it after being spoiled for so long. I know we wont have certain perks. I just wanted some feedback from my fellow Hal fans. We got a great price on the SY catagory, but are now debating as to whether we should upgrade or not. Its almost twice the price, I am not sure why. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

We absolutely LOVE the SS/SY cabins - (same stateroom by the way, just different locations on the ship). For about the same price we've always paid for a balcony on the smaller ships, we get a much larger stateroom and a super bath (2 sinks, tub and separate shower) and a larger balcony. We just can't justify paying so much more for a full suite when we can cruise more often by booking a balcony, or in your case SY/SS. I think you'll be very pleased with your choice.

Happy Cruising!

We,too, were used to the deluxe verandah suites but we decided on our last cruise to try the SS and we were very pleased with it. It is very roomy and the bathrooms are great. We were just on the Oosterdam in a SS room and the perks for the bigger suite aren't enough to justify the difference in the price. I think you'll be very satisfied

I also believe you will be very well pleased with the SY accommodations. They are very roomy and comfortable. If you don't put lots of weight on the services of the Neptune Lounge, then the Superior Verandah Suite is the way to go.

Thanks for this thread!! We are booked on the Zuiderdam this Nov. in SY6108 (an HC cabin) . It sounds like we'll enjoy the accomodations very much. Our last cruise was in a Celebrity Sky suite with all the amenties and found that we didn't reallly make "use" of all those services, so in an SY we'll have a bit more space for a lot less $$$

Archived