Acadia National Park

chessie68

Someone had a book the other day at work called "!00 most beautiful place in the world". One of the places that was featured was Acadia National park in Bar Harbor Main. This is a stop on our cruise and I think on most of the New England itineraries. Just thought I pass that along.

Just somehow manage not to have a rainy and cloudy day. We were there a couple of years ago and went on a tour up the mountain and couldn't see anything except clouds and fog.

Have a great next cruise anyway.

ayah - ya nevah know about the weatha - wait a few minutes it will change.

Many times if it is foggy the road up the mountain will be closed. One of the best days I have ever had was spending the day in the fog and rain in Bar Harbor and stopping and having lobster, steamers and chowder. Love the sound of the fog!!

Acadia National Park is beautiful, natural, and wild - its heaven on earth!

• 4 weeks later...

I have to second Jan in Maine - Acadia is one of my favorite places.

If you want something really special and fun to do while in the park, stop at Jordan Pond House for afternoon tea on the lawn. It's a tradition for my husband and I every year. You sit in these wonderful high-backed benches and have hot, fresh popovers with real butter, strawberry preserves. You can have lemonade, iced tea or something else to drink. If you get the lemonade or iced tea, they bring you a tiny pitcher with sugar water to sweeten to your taste.

You're on the shore of a little pond, with the mountains in the background. Kids and dogs play on the grass. It's a wonderful way to spend an hour on a summer afternoon.

And no, I don't own stock in the restaurant!

If you want something really special and fun to do while in the park, stop at Jordan Pond House for afternoon tea on the lawn. And no, I don't own stock in the restaurant!

Sounds like a wonderful idea. We plan to rent a car in Bar Harbor and drive to Acadia and that would make a nice stop during the day. Do you need reservations?

Archived