Questions about Lirica Southern Carib

nlb1050

We just booked this for Dec 2006 and want to know:

how much sodas are in the lounges/at the pool?

Do they really close the doors 15 min after seating time for dinner?

How many times do the shows have at night?

Is San Juan really from 7am to 5pm?

I understand you can't book excursions until on board, do they send a list of what the excursions are so you can see what is offered?

Any help appreciated!

how much sodas are in the lounges/at the pool? REALLY DON"T UNDERSTAND THE ?

Do they really close the doors 15 min after seating time for dinner? NO< WE HAD PEOPLE IN *PM DINING COME IN AT 9:30PM AND BE SERVED. OTHERS WOULD COME IN BETWEEN 8:30 - 9pm.

How many times do the shows have at night? TWO

Is San Juan really from 7am to 5pm? YES

I understand you can't book excursions until on board, do they send a list of what the excursions are so you can see what is offered?

Any help appreciated!

CRUISE SHIP IS BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN, ALL CABINS OTHER THAN SUITES ARE 144 SQ FT. ENTERTAINMENT VERY GOOD, CREW EXCELLENT, FOOD OK - DO NOT EXPECT ITALIAN FOOD. BUFFET- FAIR. STILL A GOOD CRUISE AND YOU SHOULD ENJOY IT. HAPPY CRUISING!

• 2 weeks later...

how much sodas are in the lounges/at the pool?

Do they really close the doors 15 min after seating time for dinner?

How many times do the shows have at night?

Is San Juan really from 7am to 5pm?

Any help appreciated!

To answer your questions

1. Dinning Room doors closing// Saw many pax arrive up to 45 minutes late and get served.

2. Shows there are two shows as on most cruise ship one for early dinning sitting and one for late.

3. Last cruise 04/06 soda was $2.15 anywhere tip in price.

4. 04/06 stop at SAn Jaun was 7:00Am-5:00PM,most ports of call as listed as far as times.

5. Excursions list handed out at pier and excursion desk on ship..

Hope that answers your questions enjoy your cruise. This was on the Deep Southern trip.

Hey Coachsoftball. My family is looking at this as well. We were to be on the Opera sailing Dec 19th for 7 days. That has been cancelled and they have offered us this cruise in it's place. Unfortunately, I am not high on the ports.

We're on the Dec 7 - Dec 18 cruise. Wanted to go before Christmas and buy Christmas presents. Plus family would not be happy if we went for Christmas. One reason we choose this was due to the ports, haven't been to 5 of them and really want to see San Juan.

My experience on this ship was quite negative overall. Hopefully they have learned from the comment cards they received on my sailing in February. I've seen positive comments on successive sailings.

If you are used to the majority of cruise ships in the Caribbean, forget about them and treat this as a new and unique experience. They just don't do it the same way and some people are happy about that. I for one, did not enjoy many features of the experience.

The ports were great. The room was clean, but small. The shower is tiny and you and the shower curtain will become great friends ... If you are a non smoker you must exercise patience because they do not enforce the rules for the non smoking areas.

The shows were quite good. The people in the cruise staff tried very hard to make sure people were enjoying themselves.

You will find the drinks to be much more expensive than most other lines with the tip included in the price. One other thing ... be very specific with what you order in the bars .. probably best to watch the bartender make the drink. When people ordered Manhattans, they were made with Scotch Whiskey which turns it into a Rob Roy .. When you order any drink the amount of liquor is much smaller than any other ship I've travelled on .. and I've been on many since 1971. They do not have wine stewards on the ship. The people at the reception desk don't like the passengers .. never smile .. really seem to be bothered by the people who need assistance. I wonder what they imagine their job to be.

The Buffet isn't worth going to. I suggest eating all of your meals in the dining room. I found the food to be less than tolerable, but others, on other sailings have raved about it.

I suggest that you go with very low expectations and hopefully it will be much better than that.

Bon Voyage!

njreo, thank you for your comments. This will be our first cruise on a non Princess so we are looking forward to the experience. Really as long as we get the ports planned, don't have any real bad weather and don't get sick I'm sure we will have a good time. We don't drink a lot on a cruise, but do like sodas and coffee so I know we won't have a large bar bill.

• 1 month later...
What sailing are you on? I just booked for 12/18. Me and DH and 2 kids, son 15 and daughter 13. I can't wait

Hey Coach,

I just booked the Holiday Cruise leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale on the 18th. Is this the same one you and your family are going on? It will be me, my husband, and our two daughters, age 20 and 12. I have only been on two cruises before, both with Princess and both times as a guest of one of the ship's entertainers. This will be a different experience in many ways -- I'm a little nervous because my friend took care of everything before. This will be my first time as a "real" (paying) guest and taking care of things on my own. I have soooo many questions.

Hope to chat with you soon,

LiricaBound

Archived