Monarch late to San Diego Port??

karessamom: I too was monitoring the VERY LATE arrival of the Monarch of the Seas. I had "knots in my stomach" because I have NEVER known a cruise coming into port late since I have been monitoring them which hasn't been THAT long. I was told how to check information here on these boards by Brian whom I assume is the webmaster of cruisecal.com that shows where ALL cruise ships are. I am GLAD that you asked that question but DISAPPOINTED that nobody posted if they knew why "she" was late.

I can't imagine how the ship could be late, other than due to some type of a problem. You could ride a bicyle from San Pedro to San Diego in less time ... and the ship doesn't have to deal with the Southern CA freeways! :eek: I hope everything is OK, because the trip back from Ensenada is much longer and heading Northbound. Any info out there?

Just in case someone is reading this thread and is still wondering. The ship was 3 hours late to port because of an engine problem that delayed the ship and then the coast guard was having an issue and delayed us even more. No problems after that however. It was a minor problem with the propulsion unit and as the Captain put it at the Captains Gala ... "our water broke". I know I woke up late that morning on ship and knew right away something was wrong because it was 7:50 and we were not pulling into the dock. I had been watching this ship on the web cams come in every tuesday morning like clockwork. This was still a great cruise!!!!:D

My biggest problem with the delay was the way getting off the ship was handled. The CD kept announcing that prioity would be given to those with excursions, but none of the people around us trying to get of the ship had excursions planned. The CD kept repeating that priority would be given to those with excursions, but nobody bothered to check. Getting off the ship was pure chaos.

Archived