Vancouver- car rental at Canada Place

NO THEY DON'T. Regardless of what the car rental websites say. They have representatives there, they load you on van and take you God only knows where to a downtown office. I had done a Yahoo Map from Canada Place to our hotel, so it was useless once we got our car. Started out going the wrong direction and got totally lost. Finally found some folks on the street and got directions to the hotel. We were only lost about 2 hours.:mad:

I called National Car Rental yesterday, to inquire (as I had thought the same regarding the shuttle) and the gentleman who answered the phone says their agency is right at the Pier... no shuttle required... just walk to our ship.

Hmm, he'd better have told me the truth!

Thanks for the replies to my question. Agabbymama, being misinformed like that really stinks, especially when it wound up causing you to lose 2 hours and I'm sure a lot of aggravation. We've rented from Hertz before, and you have to take a cab to their downtown location-only a few blocks on Seymour, but then they reimburse you for the cab fare. I know what you mean about being told one thing and then finding out differently. Budget's website says they have a location right at the pier but then I called and found out they too have a shuttle. I'm hoping to skip the shuttle/cab and pick up the car right there. Trixiee, I hope the info from National is accurate :eek:

Archived