A Few Quick Seabourn Questions!!

avalon1025

Hi all!

Just got my tickets! (did I miss the Tumi divorce? love the bag though!), anyone know what time they start boarding? Tickets say 3:00, but I think I am arriving around 1:30, do they open up a bit earlier??

No cabin yet, but I'll let you all know when I get one!

Thanks!!!

James

James,

My excitement level goes up about 3 notches when my tickets arrive! You are correct that Seabourn and Tumi have parted ways. Someone in Host Dan's thread "Document Clutch Bag" (not the actual thread title) had posted this information about two months ago. If you board at 3:00 pm and after you are checked in, you will be taken to your suite. if you arrive around 1:30 pm, you will be taken to the main show lounge to sit, relax and visit while the stewadesses are makig the final preparations in your suite for your arrival. There will be smiling waiters with flutes of champagne mingling about and offerings of finger foods to tide you over until you can start munching on the mixed nuts in the Sky Bar for the sailaway party! :)

When my tickets arrived for my last Nov. crossing on the Legend, my preprinted baggage tags said "GTY" Have your TA call Seabourn about 2 weeks or less before sailing to get your suite assignment. I got mine betgween 1 and 2 weeks of sailing. So, I wrote my suite no. on my luggage tags using one of those indellible ink Sharpie pens to make certain my luggage is delivered to the correct suite and in a timely manner. (Guys, don't do the nerdy thing and forget the top is off the pen and put it in your shirt poocket - you will ruin yoiur shirt with a huge indellible ink spot that can't even be removed by boinling in bleach!) ;):D:eek:

Bon Voyage with calm seas, blue skies and great company in search of adventure on your Seabourn Yacht! :)

Seabourn assigned GTY suites approximately 30 days out. If the ship is oversold there may be a longer delay.

You should not have a problem boarding before 3PM, but because the ship is small and there is much to do in the suites, you may have a slight delay before boarding and then you may be asked to stay in the lounge with a drink and a snack for a while.

Have your TA call Seabourn about 2 weeks or less before sailing to get your suite assignment.

You can also check online on the Seabourn website under Guest Registration. You will need your booking number and sail date. It seems to work virtually in real time as it shows up there as soon as they have allocated it.

Enjoy the cruise.

I agree, I did the same thing. I kept going on the Seabourn website and found out, a week or so before we left, that I had indeed been assigned a suite number (I had run of ship). This was after I had received my tickets, tags for luggage, etc. from Seabourn, so they all had "GTY" on them. Having so many bags (I had three bags plus one large bag with my scuba equipment), what I did was Xerox the long tags so I had enough for my extra baggage (they only gave me two of those) and then printed out the room number in large print on sticky labels, so I could attach those over the "GTY" printed on the tags. So each bag was labeled very clearly as to what suite I was in.

I also agree that it's best to arrive so that you can proceed immediately to your cabin...but...if you do get there early and have to wait in the lounge, of course it's fun to meet people, and that's where I got my first taste of Seabourn's exemplary service!

Jane :)

Thank you all!

I am doing my own transfer from Rome so I thought I would give myself some cushion as to arrival time. I can always drop off my luggage and go into Civichevecchia for a walk and look at all the other ships in port.

Thank you all for your advice. The Seabourn boards are always the most friendly and helpful!

James

James, "Hello Gilligan!"

Will you be taking your chic tux that I've always admired? You just must wear it! You'll be the most handsome man aboard the Legend!

Another thought, why don't, when you board, go up to the Sky Bar? It opens at 2 pm.

Have a wonderful time and please post a review upon your return!

Bon Voyage!

Martita

Archived