Fort Lauderdale Hotels

oldmovieguy

We have stayed at several. The two that I really like are the Riverside (great location - not by the ocean) and Lago Mar (on the ocean, but you may need a rental car).

The Pier 66 is nice, but unless you get a deal on priceline etc., it is expensive.

The Riverside has small rooms, but a lot of shopping and places to eat all around. I have found the Lago Mar to be very nice, but dated.

HI AGAIN OLDMOVIEGUY!!!

Try Priceline about 60 days to 30 days before sailing...go for 4 stars and try Downtown FLL...unless you want to follow Fang and go with Lago Mar or something out at the Plantation...but you will need a rental car.

I always prefer 117th St...Downtown...Embassy Suites, Pier 66 or Marriott On The Pier or Renaissance is very nice but probably 4 1/2 stars. You can always get a room on Priceline at the Americana and it is a good deal for $60 or so on Pricelind.

ROSS

Hi Oldmovieguy,

We have booked the Embassy Suites for our cruise on the Constellation which is leaving when you return. On the ports of call boards, there is a wealth of information about Ft. Lauderdale. Be on the lookout for any posts by "TrentS." After reading his posts, you need look no further for information about where to stay, what to do, etc., in and around FLL.

If you cannot find anything, I have some links to threads I could post here. I would do it now but I have to start getting ready for work.

Hope this helps!

Hal

Do not use the HOLIDAY INN ON THE BEACH!!! This has to be the worst hotel in FLL. They offer specials all the time and the place is horrible...in dire need of a complete renovation and the neighborhood needs to be cleaned up...BAD!!!

Do not use the HOLIDAY INN ON THE BEACH!!! This has to be the worst hotel in FLL. They offer specials all the time and the place is horrible...in dire need of a complete renovation and the neighborhood needs to be cleaned up...BAD!!!

Have to agree with this one. The location is not the best. We stayed 1 night and that was enough.

Stay on the beach! If you want R&R, don't stay in town. Unlike a lot of us, you aren't just going over for a quick night. I think you said you'd be there for a few days. Get a hotel on the beach. For the few extra dollars it will be worth it. There are many along the beach with great food nearby. You'd never have to leave the beach. So what if you need a taxi, you spent enough on the cruise, don't skimp on your hotel.

We always use price line, but that is also how we got the dreaded Holiday Inn :) But, it was only $80 on Easter weekend and right across from the beach (and tattoo parlors)

Duane

Archived