Have you been on the Masdaam recently?

BluIDblonde

Friends of mine on going on their first cruise in August on the Masdaam. They were wondering if there are any formal nights, and if so how many? Any other helpful suggestions you can offer would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Hi I just returned on the 19th, Boston to Boston, there were 2 formal nights, Sunday and Thursday, and Wednesday was informal (though some call it semi-formal) we had the most Fantastic!! cruise, loved the Maasdam -

gee, I need to book a new cruise :)

goldrush......Our documents are in for our Maasdam cruise and would be so appreciative if you would post some comments about your cruise. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Would you share with us some of the high points? Thank you.

We just returned on the Maasdam today on a NE/Canada cruise. The posted info is correct. There were 2 formal, 4 casual and 1 informal night. It was an enjoyable cruise. Food was good, we had great service in both our room and dining room. The bar staff in the Crows Nest, Jerry and Rolando are awesome. This is a great sailaway place. We saw dolphins and whale when leaving Halifax.

Entertainment: THe "Headliners" were excellant. The Maasdam cast shows were by far the weakest I have seen. I heard that three of the primary singers were leaving in the end of June and new staff was coming in July so that will probably be helpful. Don't miss the Indonesian Crew Show, it was well worth waiting up for.

If any one has specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer.

Thanks, Jayjo. We sailed with Captain Van der Loo on Maasdam b-to-b's over Thanksgiving and thought him absolutely fabulous. I hope he is still aboard when we get there.

Ibnu is also great and we'll be happy to see him again.

I don't think we know the Hotel Manager. His name does not ring a bell off the top of my head.

:) Maasdam

Have been on her several times.

We heard, don't know how true this is, that Van der Loo is supposed to go to another ship. Don't know when.

Kees, the hotel manager, we had on another ship.

Ibnu - have had several times on the Maasdam.

Jan wasn't the cruise director when we were on the Maasdam in May - she is new.

:) :)

hi sail7seas

on the day at sea, we saw a lot of whales, and dolphins, we even saw a shark swimming closeby (and I mean close), when on deck 8. We loved the ports of call, 5 of them, that's quite a lot for a 7 day cruise. the Maasdam is a wonderful ship, the crew was very friendly, the Rotterdam room was wonderful. If you have any specifics, I would be glad to say - but the trip was well worth it, and believe me when I say we didn't want to leave the ship when we got back to Boston

hi Goldrush,

We were on the same cruise, the weather was increedible, every night they would announce how wrong they were about the afternoon forecast, then call for lousy weather the next day and viola, more sun and warm.....What a great ship and a great week to be on her!!

I so hope they make the same "wrong" weather forecasts for us when we are aboard. :)

Thanks for all the nice comments re: "MY" Maasdam. We are eager to return to that beautiful lady.

I have also heard that Captain van der Loo is leaving, very soon. I HOPE I heard incorrectly. We'd enjoy seeing him again.

Archived