Where is Moped Rental?

MokieWoman

I just walked to the street area and asked - it was 1 block away.

But beware :eek: , unless you have done it before it is MUCH harder than it looks. Could be because I was carrying my 14 yo DS on the back and the weight was different. I am 5'2" and it just felt too big for me. I did it, survived, laughed about about it LATER, but will never do it again :D .

The guy let me test it out, drive around the block etc. I decided to take it, then wanted to cancel and it was too late because he claims he had no way to issue a credit on the credit card.

Could anyone tell me where you can rent Mopeds in KW? I saw a place called TropiCars, Inc. on Duvall street who seems to have good prices. Are there any right near the docks? Thanks!

This isn't a fun family activity. It is a dangerous form of transportation. I have personally seen many wrecks from the driver of the scooter not paying attention, the other cars not paying attention, drunk driving scooters, etc.

You would be much better off taking a cab around town.

I've owned a scooter for five years, and let me tell you, Key West scares me. Tourists in cars not really looking at the road, but just around.

I will probably rent a scooter for a couple of hours in Key West, because it is a great way to communte, but I will be off the beaten path, and really keep an eye out for others.

• 2 weeks later...

I originally started this thread and now that I'm back from my cruise, let me say this: I would not rent a moped at any of the ports I went to (Nassau or Key West). My gosh, the people drive like fools! I don't know if it's the residents or tourists by I saw so many near-misses between mopeds/cars/busses that I'd never drive one around there!

I originally started this thread and now that I'm back from my cruise, let me say this: I would not rent a moped at any of the ports I went to (Nassau or Key West). My gosh, the people drive like fools! I don't know if it's the residents or tourists by I saw so many near-misses between mopeds/cars/busses that I'd never drive one around there!

Thank you for reinforcing my warning. There are accidents involving scooters far too often in Key West.

Mike:)

So happy :)

A good way to start the morning.

Come home from a cruise with a sun burn and not road rash :p

Archived