shore excursions..which one is better??

agentjen138

I am going to Kings Warf, June 25, 2006, on the R/C Explorer of the Seas. I am stuck between doing the Restless Native Catamaran and Ultimate Swim Sail and Snorkel. Which is better? I have heard mixed reviews about the Restless Native. Does anyone know what area of the island these excursions bring you to?

We did the Restless Native last Sept and had a wonderful time. I believe it was Joan who took us on this tour. She gave nonstop commentary and education regarding Bermuda, snorkling, sealife etc.

There were children on this excursion so you did not have to be an experienced snorkler. We were in a fairly shallow cove (some areas you could stand almost but there were some deeper areas also where there was no way you were going to stand) and had on life vests and given noodles, so that you only had to put your face/mask in the water and you could see tons of fish and coral. Joan had a group of us follow her around the entire time and pointed out what to look for and gave individual help in finding specifics.

They provided rum swizzles on board on the way back and fresh home baked oatmeal raisin and choc. chip cookies. I enjoyed this excursion very much. :D

Here is a link to a roll-call thread for the Explorer cruise to Bermuda on 6/25/06. There is a nice gang of folks there getting to know each other and we hope to meet up onboard the ship. Click the link and join the group! It's about 8 or 9 pages long now. Some of us have been "chatting" for nearly a year already! :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=198894

Oh, by the way, I also did the Grandeur cruise to Bermuda last year and did the Restless Native Tour. I enjoyed it quite a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

How bumpy is the Restless native Catamaran? I heard catamarans dip from side to side and I'm a little nervous. I was just going to take a regular snorkel excusion from the ship unless anyone knows of a company doing same. Any info appreciated - thanx. (going 7/23)

Snork!!!!! How are you? So, you're cruisin' soon, huh? We just booked the Dawn again for June of 2007. This time, the in-laws (or out-laws as my TA calls them :D) are going with us. And, I'm trying to talk a few other family members into it too. Wanna come?????

2Cruise - I thought I saw you here and there. All's fine and wasn't planning to cruise this year but a good deal came out from friends. EOS 5 day but at least it's a cruise. Next year I think we're going to CA for a family thing and then in the fall, if they get their tushies moving, my son is getting married. No cruises in '07!!!! Of course, making myself crazy and obsessing about everything already - not going till 7/23.

Oh, I know exactly how you feel. I'm over a year away from our next one and I'm obsessing already!!!! No cruises in '06 for us. We're saving up for the AB. We're driving to FL this Friday for a week instead. My SIL has a condo in St. Petersburg. So, we'll do the beach thing and maybe a park or two with the kids. I feel better about taking this vacation now that I know I have a cruise to look forward to. It's good to "see" you again. I relive our Dawn 2005 cruise every now and again and remember how much fun we had at our CC M&G. Thanks for setting it up. I may be contacting you later because I volunteered to set up the M&G for our '07 cruise. :D

Archived