Closest beach to King's Wharf

Beach lady

Which of the attractive beaches is closest to King's Wharf? What is the location & fare of the bus at King's Wharf? Thanks for any info.

Horseshoe Bay is the closest beach worth going to. Plenty of buses within walking distance from where the ship docks. Also taxi's. We go for extended visits to Bermuda and buy the bus passes.

kewlguy since you frequent bermuda...do you mind answering one for me? i was in bermuda over the summer and we went to a beach near the big princess hotel. we actually snuck onto the hotel jitney to avoid walking up a huge hill. anyway, going back on a cruise in a month and want to go to that beach again......was that horseshoe beach?

Thanks kewlguy. Do you happen to remember bus fare, as I remember reading somewhere you need exact change for Bermuda buses so want to have it handy when getting off ship. Will be taking taxis in other ports so like the idea of being able to cut expenses here with bus. Much thanks for info. Leave tomorrow am for cruise.

Horseshoe Bay is the closest beach worth going to. Plenty of buses within walking distance from where the ship docks. Also taxi's. We go for extended visits to Bermuda and buy the bus passes.

I can't belive you sent them there :) Horseshoe is a great beach with fair services.

kewlguy since you frequent bermuda...do you mind answering one for me? i was in bermuda over the summer and we went to a beach near the big princess hotel. we actually snuck onto the hotel jitney to avoid walking up a huge hill. anyway, going back on a cruise in a month and want to go to that beach again......was that horseshoe beach?

I'm pretty sure you mean the beach in front of the Fairmont Southampton Princess (we stayed there a year ago and, yes, it's a great little beach.) It's not the same as Horseshoe Bay -- the Fairmont is on the same road though, west of Horsehoe. If you are coming from Hamilton, you would pass Horseshoe first. If you are coming from King's Wharf, you will get to the Fairmont first. It's such a large, pink hotel that it's impossible to miss.

• 2 weeks later...
Where do yu get the bus at Kings Wharf to get to Horseshoe Beach? How far is it?

thanks

the bus stop is about 200 yards from the ship on the other side of the lagoon right near the Ferry Terminal. There is a shuttle bus that will take you to the bus stop from right in front of the ship, if you don't want to walk. I assume you mean how far is Horseshoe Bay Beach its about 35 minutes on the bus....and then you walk down a hill about 300 yards(there is a jitney(mini-van) up and down but its not there in the morning) $1.00 pp.

Archived