Fll -Embassy Suite vs Amerisuites vs Extended Stay

mrlarry

Would like your feedback and help..........We just booked a cruise and need a room for one night the first of Sept. 06. Just my wife and I. Have stayed at the Embassey Suite, which we very much enjoyed, however, the best price I can find is $152 for the night. Ameisuites can be obtained through Valuetrips at $69/nite and Extended Stay(with the $10 off coupon via internet) is $79.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express before, its nice but boring. Want to stay on the 17th Street area.

The Embassy Suites would be my first choice, but the price/value ratio is not good compared to the others.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Larry

Just remember that you get 2 hours of drinks and snacks at Embassy plus a full breakfast the next morning. If you have a few drinks during happy hour and then eat a full breakfast your really not paying much more over the other hotels if you are buying your drinks and breakfast. Its a small part of your cruise bill so splurge. Amerisuites saves you $80. Well the drinks and breakfast could easily account for $40 of that plus Embassy has a really nice pool.

I stayed at Extended Stay pre and post cruise in April -- wouldn't recommend it. Found out when we were checking out that they are getting ready for a remodel - sometime! The non-smoking room was terrible, chain smoker must have been in the room for days and the window wouldn't open -- no other room to move to. Ants all over the kitchen counter. No sheets, blanket or pillow for the hideabed, had to go get them also. The room on the post stay had no soap or towels -- had to go get them. The hot water faucet in the bathroom didn't work. We paid $95 per night. Our next stay will be at Amerisuites, they are being remodeled and good deal at Valuetrips.

Debr

We stayed at the Embassy Suites last month - they have shuttle to the ships which you book in advance the night before so you know what time / which bus you are on (some hotel shuttles are "line up and wait" from what I've read here). The shuttle driver offered us shuttle to the ship free - usually a charge but he did waive it. The shuttle guys offered to take us here and there too in the evening pre-cruise (I think they were bored), but we didn't take them up on it - should have, the taxi's were a bit of a hassle with the small kids. The breakfast was nice - they made omelets and had enough variety that it was not just a continental breakfast, and the 2 hour drinks were great. The rooms are big - we had 4 of us so having 2 doubles and a pull out sofa was good.

Guess it really depends on what amenities matter to you vs. the price. :D

If you choose Embassy Suites ask for a newly remodeled room. It is wonderfully located very close to the Publix and some neat shops directly behind it. A great restaurant (not cheap but super service and food) would be Tara's Steak and Seafood one block out of the front door. I paid 200. in December.

Next Cruise we will be there 3 days prior to cruise to take advantage of free airfare, so I booked Amerisuites through valuetrips for that stay. 600. before a cruise, in December is just too much for me. I have hopes and prayers that the remodeling will be done and we will have a Hyatt Experience for the cost of a Days Inn!

LHC

Just remember that you get 2 hours of drinks and snacks at Embassy plus a full breakfast the next morning. If you have a few drinks during happy hour and then eat a full breakfast your really not paying much more over the other hotels if you are buying your drinks and breakfast. Its a small part of your cruise bill so splurge. Amerisuites saves you $80. Well the drinks and breakfast could easily account for $40 of that plus Embassy has a really nice pool.

yOU HAVE VERY NICE BREAKFAST IN AMERISUITS FREE AS WELL :D

Archived