big richard

big richard

Several months ago at the time of the liquor bruha there was a posting by "theZsatsea" listing the prices of liquor that could be purchased from Ship Services to be delivered to your cabin for consumption on the ship. For instance I will list prices of liquor I would be interested in during my Panama Canal cruise in October. #732 Whiskey: Canadian Club $25.00 -- #736 Whiskey: Crown Royal $34.00.

Last week I contacted HA by e-mail requesting a current price list from Ships Stores and received the following prices for my brands #732 Whiskey: Canadian Club $35.00 -- #736 Whiskey: Crown Royal $$40.00 "All items have a 15% service charge included"

This is just enough of a reason to carry on your own liquor.

There was another board that indicated you could order liquor from Room Service and it indicated a very reasonable price and indicated a fairly long list of liquors. HA indicated 4 Liquor & Mix Packages. Gin & Tonic(I Beefeaters and 3 cans of tonic $32.00 --Scotch and Soda (1 Cutty Sark and 3 cans Soda $32.00--Bourbon and Coke (1 Jim Beam and 3 Coke) $32.00-- Rum and Coke (1Barcardi and 3 Coke) $32.00--Vodka and Tonic (1Smirnoff/Stolichnaya and 3 Tonic) $32.00 -- seems the cash register got stuck on $32.00 (at least the service charge was included).

If one need anyother prices you can contact me thru the Boards.

Richard,

It looks as if HAL is raising their liquor prices as fast as they can punch the keys on a calculator. In May, right after we booked our December cruise, HAL sent me two liquor lists in response to my request. One was an Excel file that listed quite a few different brands, including the Canadian Club at $25 and Crown Royal at $34. The other document listed the liquor and soda packages you cite, but the price was $27.50, not $32.

Let's see: $32 is a 16.4% increase in less than two months. At this rate of inflation, if I wait until December to order, the liquor and soda packages will cost $47. The Canadian Club jumped 40% in two months. That's 19% per month inflation, compounded at an annual rate means the CC will cost you $200 next June. Quick, order now! :rolleyes:

Happy (sober) cruising,

Susan

Okay, I'm not a big booze buyer. So ... how do these prices compare to what one would find in land-based booze stores? I know the prices will vary on land, from area to area, but what's the average?

revneal-

You ask a legitimate question. How do these prices compare? Pretty well compared to Colorado pricing. I think California maybe a bit less, but not sure. Look at it this way, a hotel mini-bar would be much higher, also , so would ordering from a hotel room service. We drink - these prices are not bad at all for pre-ordering liquor. Keep in mind, most bottles are litres - which we could not finish on a 10-day cruise and ended up giving to our cabin steward.

We got the same e-mail last week from HAL and then did the comparison for Dewars scotch--HAL $35 and our local store $28 for a liter. DH decided it was a fair mark-up for the convience so we will place our order tomorrow.

:)

Did you send an e-mail to HAL asking about liquor prices?

We have never received an e-mail from HAL about alcohol prices.

From reading these recent posts, it seems that the alcohol prices have gone up.

When we were on the Maasdam in May we paid $25 for a liter of Absolut plus the 15% gratuity.

Now people say the prices include the gratuity.

Just some HAL confusion.

:)

Archived