Carnival Miracle-Grand Cayman Shore Excursion

We booked with Captain Marvins last month, they were great. You will want to do their "short excursion" to give yourself time in Grand Caymen, it leaves the earliest, unfortunately Carnival drops you off about an hour before anything opens on the island so you don't have to be in a huge hurry to get off the ship, even though Caymen is on Eastern time they are not on Eastern Daylight time so they are an hour behind the ship. Check out www.captainmarvins.com

We did the Rays, reef and Rumpoint with Nativeways. They take you snorkeling on a reef before getting to stingray city. It was awesome, we snorkeled with two nurse sharks and two moray eels. The boat is not huge and there were probably only about 15 of us on it. Rumpoint is a beautiful uncrowded beach on the other side of the island. They take your lunch order on the boat and when you get there is it waiting for you. It was included in the price which I belive was around $45. Buy the DVD too, its like reliving the experience! Have a great trip! www.nativewaywatersports.com

I'll second the vote on NativeWay. We did the same excursion, Reef, Rays and Rum Point and had the same excellent experience! We, too, love our DVD!

On our return to the ship, we hit a TON of traffic. No problem, the driver hit the "back roads" and he dropped us off across from the tender in no time!

A really great day.

We are a group of 9 and we all want to take a shore excursion to Stingray City. What is the best deal out there? What are the websites and prices? We are leaving this Sunday, so we are looking to book ASAP.

Thanks!

I see the link for Capt. Bryan's has already been provided by another poster but I thought I'd let you know that our tour was fabulous!

Capt. Bryan's tour took us to the stingrays and two snorkel locations. It was a small group approx 20 people and we had our own photographer. I think we spent $40 or $50 to purchase our photos ($$well spent). They also had a washroom and drinking water on board.

Have fun...:)

You already got a lot of suggestions. Here's another one to consider.

Soto's has 2-hr excursion. Many people also had good experience with them. http://www.sotoscruises.com/

They charge $30, one of the cheapest.

Another option you can try, since you have 9 people, is a private charter. Do a search and contact the many boats that might be available. A private charter can customize the trip with pickup/dropoff, and the places you like to go.

Archived