Bridge (the card game)

thulewx

I was wondering what the bridge card sessions are like (particularly for the transatlantics, when there's so much more time at sea).

Are the players cut-throat championship caliber? Beginners? Mix?

Do they offer lessons? Duplicate Tournaments?

Will they get upset if I say, "Alt+Delete+Backspace" to abort a bad hand, like I do on my computer bridge game? (It's been so long since I've played with real live humans... :( )

Thule-ee,

Yes, the bridge sessions are at 2 pm everyday. There are also scheduled bridge lessons at 10 am. I was a Duplicate tournment player a few years back but only played on the ships a few times. Now I don't play.......tooo busy with other fun ship's activities. I pass by the Card Room occasionally and the room is packed. I think there would be all levels of players.

Now, if Omar Scarif should start sailing with us again, I would be the 1st one at the table! (he use to sail with Seabourn all the time.)

Martita

I have a sneaky suspicion I won't get around to playing much either, what with my following you around, aiding (or is that abetting) in your planning and executing salaciously sensational surprises, soireés, scandals, suppers & such. (Guess who just found the thesaurus button on my word processor...) ;)

Thule-ee.....Oh you forgot, "affairs, morning socials and ceremonies!":confused:

We'll be enjoying a few of these, as well!:D

If I were you, I wouldn't plan on playin'card games! Too much meyhem and fun elsewhere~~~~~also, sometimes our luncheon's will last past 2 pm.:p (don't forget we sip dessert wine with our cheese's)

MB

I was wondering what the bridge card sessions are like (particularly for the transatlantics, when there's so much more time at sea).

Are the players cut-throat championship caliber? Beginners? Mix?

Do they offer lessons? Duplicate Tournaments?

Will they get upset if I say, "Alt+Delete+Backspace" to abort a bad hand, like I do on my computer bridge game? (It's been so long since I've played with real live humans... :( )

Bridge is always a fun time on all ships... It is a game where folks play, who do not have the time nor desire to play at home.. The director will work with all players to make it a fun game... With the smaller ships, games should run 4-8 tables & one develops raltionships with all of the kindred players.......However, if the games start at 2PM, you are committed to play the entire game.. The game should end around 4 PM......

have fun. :) the Brooklyn duo:)

My wife is a "life master" and she enjoys the play. There are all levels and everything seems to go fine. Well, ever so ofter a husband or wife wants to throw the other overboard. That's why I don't play. Cruiser Don is right. Play is for 2 Hrs. It's not down and dirty like trivia.

Lefty Bob

Bridge "at sea" is really a very friendly activity. If we're lucky we may get to play 18 boards, usually fewer. After all, there is tea to be had! We just returned from a crossing and played every day!

Archived