WP&YRR in Skagway

Perseids

Carnival offers an "all aboard Steam Train" ride to the summit for $189... The WP&YRR site has what i believe to be the same ride for $125. Does anyone know for sure? It is a good excursion? I realize that the WP&YRR version may not provide the champagne toast at the summit but I don't feel that is worth $65 :).

One difference is that the Carnival offering is dockside and through the WP&YRR you get on at the station.. But I feel surely it is not far to the station from the dock area. Any help appreciated...

That is what is nice about the Carnival "odd" Wed. sailing. If you are in port late, this is a great opportunity!!! Depending on your port times.

Many years ago, the regular runs of the summit trains were sometimes pulled by steam and then cut off at the rail shop.

As for the depot vs the dock. You ARE going into Skagway aren't you????? The depot is on Second St. simple to walk to. There really isn't any "selling" point to the dock pick up in my opinion, since the town has so much to offer, so you are already there to load at the depot. :)

Archived