Help on Priceline?

We are going out of San Juan in Feb. 2007. Has anyone used Priceline to obtain a hotel room?

If you book a room and have more than two people is there a way to know if you are going to have a room with more than a double bed in it?

How much did you bid for the room?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

From Priceline FAQ's

Will I be charged for extra bedding?

All rooms booked through our site are guaranteed to accommodate two adults.

When you Name Your Own Price® you agree to stay in a room that could have 1 double bed, 1 king bed, 2 double beds, 2 twin beds or some other combination. Requests for specific bedding are filled based on availability and may result in an extra charge payable directly to the hotel.

Be sure to check with the hotel if you plan on having more than 2 people stay in your room - the hotel may not allow extra guests due to fire safety laws.

If your hotel does allow extra guests, keep in mind that there may be additional charges. These charges vary and will be payable directly to the hotel - most likely at checkout.

When you Shop & Compare for your hotel, you should choose the bedding option that best meets your needs. We make every effort to get you the room type you requested. We reserve your selected room type at the time of booking, the hotel assigns rooms based on their availability at check-in. Any requests for extra bedding are at the discretion of the hotel and may result in an extra charge payable directly to the hotel.

There was on only 2 of us but we bid San Juan resort and got Marriott San Juan for $117. After I won the bid I went to the Marriott site and requested king bed, high floor and non-smoking (even though it said you can't with Priceline) and got exactly what we asked for.

I got 2 rooms at the San Juan Marriott for January 26 2007 for $95.00 a night. I just stayed there 2 weeks ago (precruise which I also got through Priceline )and it is a very nice hotel. http://www.biddingfortravel.com is the place to start to find out how to use Priceline. Both times I bid for a 3 star hotel.

we are staying in the marriot also in January pre & post cruise. we bid through priceline. My recommendation is tp only bid on "RESORTS" when we first bid on 3 stars I wound up with the Normandy which is away from everything. Priceline let me cancel for a $25 charge. we got the marriot for $135 per night pre cruise b/c it is a Friday & Saturday and $95 post cruise b/c its a Sunday. We'll be there on 1/12 & 1/13/07 ~ when will you be there. also, we called the marriot as soon as ew own it and requested 2 double beds as there are 8 of us....they asked no questions and said there is no additional charge for the extra people :D

We won the Caribe Hilton for $65.00 pre cruise on 10/7/06. I am happy. For this price I'm not really worried if it's a renovated room or not (although I did call and request a renovated room) but as we all know a request is just a request. I'll post a full review including hotel info when we return.

I just booked AOS for August 06. Went to priceline for first time ever and tried "resorts". Had to go up to $120 to get a room. Got the Intercontinental which is a awesome place with great pool area and beach. I think Marriott and Intercontinental are the best hotels in San Juan. Considering the best price on expedia, etc was around $220, I fell pretty good, but $65,,,well thats just great!

Archived