Favorites at the Pinnacle ????

localady

dst....

We always tip the stewards in Pinnacle/Odyssey. We also tip the wine steward and just about always the Maitre d'. We usually know them and they always take such excellent care of us.

If you have pre-booked your reservation with Ship Services and your credit card has been charged, they know that on board the ship. They know that EVERYONE who has made a reservation prior to arriving at the ship has been charged. It would not hurt to bring along your credit card statement as "evidence" just in case....but I sincerely doubt you will need it.

I never have lobster tails on any ships...not even in the dining room on "lobster night" as I adore the Maine hardshells. What they serve in the dining room is NOT what we are accustomed to and I don't care for it.

I cannot say for sure about Pinnacle as I have not ordered it....but do not plan.

When we want lobster, I go to our local lobster pound and get 2 1/2 pounders. I either bake stuff them with scallops or with more lobster meat or I steam them. No way any cruiseship is ever going to serve a lobster like that!!! :)

s7s: that was a tease :( I miss the ol Maine Lobsters, although everytime I am home (2-3 times a year) my first stop is to one of the Lobstermen.....then I am a happy gal! One year for my birthday, my mom sent out two live lobsters to Seattle, they were wonderful!!!!

Thanks, I always like to tip above and beyond for great service, these people work so hard and they do it mostly to help their families and such base in their countries....

as always you have been very helpful;

:)

We had mentioned early in this thread about the great Northwestern Clam Chowder. I am not a soup person, but this is one that I always order. Husband and I both love the extra touch when they add a little sherry to the chowder once it is brought to the table.

This past May when we were on the Masdam and the new tipping policy took effect, we tipped our waitress the same amount that we did in the Pinnacle Grills on the other ships as they are not part of the $10 per person per day tips (at least that was what we were told).

Since the wine steward adds a 15% gratuity onto his bill, we adjusted that tip accordingly.

:)

S7S

We New Englanders really are spoiled when it comes to fresh seafood aren't we? *LOL*

I am the same way with Italian food, between my mom, both grandmothers, and all of my aunts, I am a tough critic on Italian restaurants.

I have to ask, I was reading all the praises of the Volcano cake. What is it?

Also , that is how I make my lobsters too, with the crab stuffing. same stuffing I use for stuffed mushrooms mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good

On our recent cruise to Hawaii on the Amsterdam, the lobster served in the

Pinacle was from South Africa - much tastier and larger than that served

in the regular dining room. Throughout the cruise you could have surf and turf in the Pinacle.

• 2 weeks later...

We ate in the Pinnacle Grill 2x on Osterdam's maiden voyage. The first time, we waited a long time to be seated and there was just one couple ahead of us! The service was OK. The next time, the service was wonderful!

Archived