Emerald Pool

copper6606

• 2 weeks later...
Could someone tell me what is Emerald Pool, Cost of taxi , Services there,etc? Thanks so much.

Dominica is very rustic. When we were there, we joined up with a tour driver on the dock and selected places to go based on what had we read here on Cruise Critic. The drivers have color brochures of favorite places to go and ask you what you want to see. These tours are based on a per person charge and will take 4 - 5 hours.

One of these natural wonders is Emerald Falls - set in a rain forest, your driver will drop you off and you can wander down the path to the Emerald Pool where you can swim under the waterfall. Your driver will wait in the parking lot with all the other drivers while you walk through the area. You might be there 45 min or so.

No services other than a few vendors - some drink or snacks are for sale - bathrooms are provided - (nominal entry fee, I can't recall exactly)

The attraction is the forest, waterfall, view - natural wonders!

Thanks for the information. One person in our party has had hip replacements, has bad knees, etc. You get the picture. Uneven walking, slippery areas, any type of climbing does not work for this person.

I am also thinking about a whale watching excursion which would probably be a better choice. I haven't been able to find out much about who actually provides these excursions.

Thanks for the information. One person in our party has had hip replacements, has bad knees, etc. You get the picture. Uneven walking, slippery areas, any type of climbing does not work for this person.

I am also thinking about a whale watching excursion which would probably be a better choice. I haven't been able to find out much about who actually provides these excursions.

The Emerald Pool is somewhat easy walk through the forest on a dirt path to a certain point, and then steep downhill to the pool. If you decide to go, the members who don't want to do the steep decline can sit at a view area and watch the rest of the party below. I would agree that mobility issues could make the Emerald Pool less than the best choice. My 80 year old father in law chose to wait on the bench at the point where it became steep.

Which excursions are you still seeking info on? The island tour or the whale watching?

Archived