Booking Online through RCL vs. Calling RCL

I am one that prefers to do all of my research and then book on-line. Would I be missing out on any potential price reductions in the future (assuming I check the prices myself)? From what I've learned on this WONDERFUL board, if I find a lower price after I book I can call in and they should apply the savings. Since I doubt that RCL would pro-actively contact me either way regarding price decreases after the fact, would it be correct to assume that I would gain no additional benefit from speaking to a RCL agent to make the initial booking? (I don't have any specific cabin requests)

Just trying to cover my bases before making the plunge to book the Mariner next March!! :D (Trying to talk myself into a GS for my family of 4 - I think it's working!!)

Since RCI no longer let travel agents discount their cruises, the only reason to book on-line is to get an added value package, for example on my next cruise my online agency gave me 7 bottles of wine free with my cruise. Also after booking 2 weeks latter, the price dropped $100pp on RCI's site and they credited that back to my CC after I requested it.

Great to see a fellow Spartan on this board!!! We're from Holt, will be going on our 5th cruise March 5-16. We've always used a travel agency since we go as a big group. We've gotten some very good discounts through him, but I think it's only because we've gone through them for every cruise. I believe that it's now not any cheaper to go through a TA. We're doing the 11 day Panama canal one this time. Lots of Spartan lovers traveling on this one!

GO GREEN!!!

MSUSPARTAN.........

Greetings! We are actually in Dewitt, and this would be our 7th cruise - but first with the kids (which added a whole new level of research!) Due to the class of ship (Voyager) and the great reviews of Adventure Ocean we are looking forward to a return to RCCL after 4 cruises on Princess. By taking Allegiant, the anticipated savings on airfare is helping me to rationalize splurging on a GS - we want our first "major" family vacation to be special!!

GO WHITE!!!

I recently booked the AOS for a cruise in August. I checked the RCCL website and would have paid $1,860 for our selected cabin. I decided to call them and received the same cabin for $1,760 due to a residency "special". I would call to ask for any discounts, specials, etc. I think you might be able to save some money.

I booked by phone two days ago for the Freedom Inaugral and found they had a guarantee which didn't show in online inventory if I booked it myself. Can you tell me if you book online, can you pick a stateroom or is it pot luck?

Thanks Rich - I have heard about those residency discounts, and it sounds like it may be worth a call.

MSUSPARTAN: Planning on leaving from Lansing 03/02 on Allegiant to Sanford airport, renting a car and enjoying a 2 night stay at the Residence Inn in Port Canaveral before catching the ship on the 4th. We may use the day before to visit Cape Canaveral, as the boys are interested (of course) in space and rockets!!

Nothing like extending the vacation a couple of days and paying around $1000 less - if we are lucky (Allegiant hasn't posted March fares yet - only through December)

FUN1...online at RCI they show you what cabins are available in the category of your choice. I prefer to call RCI, as they usually have more cabins available than what is shown online. Just ask them what is available and make sure you have your RCI cruise book open to the page and layout of the ship you want to sail on. This way you can see where the cabins are located.

I'm one that picks mid-ship..... either a port or starboard side. When I find out which way the ship is docking for a better view, I'll chose that side of ship....usually because we have balconies. Hope this helps!;)

Happy Sailing!!!

Archived