boats from Livorno to Florence?

I understand the reason why cruise ships do not go directly into Florence is because the channel is too shallow and narrow for large ships. Are there any smaller boats or hydrofoils that we could take from Livorno to Florence? If so, does anyone know how often they run and about what they charge?

I've trying doing some searches on what you are suggesting and I'm not finding anything. The river that runs through Florence at least when we were there in July 2003 didn't look like it could carry much river traffic.

I will be interested if anything like this exists but I doubt it does.

Have a great next cruise.

I understand the reason why cruise ships do not go directly into Florence is because the channel is too shallow and narrow for large ships. Are there any smaller boats or hydrofoils that we could take from Livorno to Florence? If so, does anyone know how often they run and about what they charge?

It is a good hour freeway drive from Livorno to Florence......even if you could get a boat to do it it would take too long.

Archived