upsell from a minisuite?

endi302

Hi, we're new to NCL and looking forward to our first cruise on NCLA.

Lots of people have been talking about calls for upsells from inside and oceanview to suites and I was wondering what are the chances of a call to upsell me from a minisuite to a regular suite? We have already made final payment for the cruise in July. Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated!

Diane

We got upsells twice, on repositioning cruises. On the Sun's 5-day in 2004, we went from a mini-suite to an AD Penthouse Suite. On the Star's 2005 repositioning cruise we went from a mini-suite to an AB Penthouse Suite. Both times the calls came from out of the blue.

We just returned from Alaska and we had been hoping for another upsell, but alas, we didn't get the call. I met another cruiser who did get the call--from a mini-suite to an AD Penthouse. At first I thought those called were the people who booked early (we usually book a year out). This time, however, we booked 13 months ahead, and the woman who did get the call booked 8 months ahead. Guess we can shoot down that theory.

Once we sat on our aft mini-suite deck last week, we were very contented!

Ok, its wild, almost as if they were watching and saw me ask for an upsell. I moved up to a penthouse. My husband says I'm crazy because we won't be on the ship very much but I just wanted to try it once. Ok, its the lowest penthouse available but I am still very excited!

Thanks for everyone who responded!

Diane

Ok, its wild, almost as if they were watching and saw me ask for an upsell. I moved up to a penthouse. My husband says I'm crazy because we won't be on the ship very much but I just wanted to try it once. Ok, its the lowest penthouse available but I am still very excited!

Thanks for everyone who responded!

Diane

Did you call them or did they call you? What was the charge for the upsell?

Congrats!

They called me on Monday after I posted on Saturday. I hate saying the price because someone else will come on and say they got a better deal. But here goes: I was quoted $350 pp for ae, $400 pp for ad, $500 pp for ac

This is moving up from a minisuite. When I called back on

Thursday she quoted me $600 pp for ad. I told her about the price from Monday and she honored it. I originally was going to the AD but the only difference is 33 square feet on the balcony between the AE and the AD so opted to save $100 total for the lower penthouse. The prices went up online on Thursday for all the suites. Don't know why because the ship is not filling up. There are lots and lots of penthouses still available as well as 1 owners suite and a courtyard villa. I had her price those and didn't even write down the price because it was way out of my league. I also tried to just book guarantee but she told be I had to choose a room.

Hope this helps.

Diane

Archived