Original Canopy Tour MoBay & Fear of Heights

SkyBoot

We're considering The Original Canopy Tour in Montego Bay for our upcoming sailing in July. I have a fear of heights. Honestly ... what do y'all think? I'd be interested to hear from folks with similar issues who did the tour. Thanks!

We did this excursion a couple of weeks ago in Ocho Rios. I was scared to DEATH and actually was up 1/2 the night before we went cause I was so nervous. I too am afraid of heights, but I booked the excursion because my 20 year old son really wanted to do it and I didn't want to turn him loose in Jamaica to do it by himself, so I managed to muster up all kinds of guts and I went. Well...let me tell ya...it was AMAZING!! I am so glad I went! You don't really feel that you are up as high as you are and when you are actually on the cables going across, you aren't looking down...you are looking to where you are going. I would totally do it again.....:D

for the most part no, there are I believe 2 sections which are almost straight down drops, One in fact is a straight up / down, however for that one you are only about 15 feet high with one of the guides controllilng it. Going from platform to platform is not at all like a roller coaster drop.

Archived