Complaints or Compliments? Cruising is what you make of it. The vessel is the means.

luvthis

So in other words, we should all make allowances for poorly prepared food, awkward & poorly maintained public spaces, uncomfortable furnishings, the prospect of physical illness, and constant nickel and diming simply because we're on a cruise - and if we expect better (knowing full well that better is out there), we're just whiners?

:confused:

Gimme a break...

:cool:

No breaks from me either. In my limited cruise experience I have never had poorly prepared food. I have had nutritious, interesting, "banquet" type food. It has not equalled the best restaurants I have dined in but I am not paying $100+ a meal. I make allowances that the ship prepares 10,000 meals a day for passengers and crew. What they produce in those circumstances is excellent.

I have never see awkward, uncomfortable or poorly maintained facilities. I have seen the sort of wear I would expect from a 5-10 year old facility with high usage but extremely clean and continuously maintained. Again, I don't expect what I'd get in a $500 per night resort when I am paying a fraction of that for the accommodation part of my cruise.

I have luckily not been ill but I expect it will happen in circumstances where I am in an enclosed space with others, some of whom are going to be getting on board ill and some of whom don't practise the highest level of personal hygiene.

As to nickel and diming, I know what I have paid for and what I will be expected to pay for on board. Doesn't worry me.

If I wanted a top of the range experience I'd either go on a top of the range line such as Seabourn or buy my own yacht or stay in a 5 + star resort. I'd also pay a lot more than I do on Celebrity.

While things can always be better and I am happy to tell Celebrity if I have any serious complaints, I think I get what I pay for.

Sorry Brian, but seeing you asked the question yes you do come across as a whiner. :cool:

So in other words, we should all make allowances for poorly prepared food, awkward & poorly maintained public spaces, uncomfortable furnishings, the prospect of physical illness, and constant nickel and diming simply because we're on a cruise - and if we expect better (knowing full well that better is out there), we're just whiners?

Gimme a break...

Hey if HAL is more to your liking then go for it. No ball and chain for me either when I alternate cruiselines based on my needs and tastes.

Gimme a break...

No. We live in a world full of choices, so if you decide that you don't like a certain line, there's this amazing, three pound organ in your head that gives you the ability to choose another line. That same organ also gives you the free will to make your vacation what you want it to be. If you want to sail a new-build, for heaven's sakes, don't sail an older ship, for example.

Jean--

Did you enjoy your butler? Did you have breakfast on the balcony wrapped in blankets? More importantly, did you make wonderful memories to last a life time?;)

Lawrence was a great butler! We had breakfast in our room 3 times. The last time, Lawrence rolled in a table with with cloth tablecloth and served us. We also had a full course dinner one evening in our stateroom, which Lawrence cheerfully and efficiently served us. He was super! We didn't need blankets on our balcony (although the cabin steward gave us two). The weather was sunny and in the 50's much of the time. When the wind was blocked and the sun beamed down on our veranda, it felt like 80 degrees and we were in Florida. Just spectacular!

We have new memories of this cruise to add to to our life journeys together. We met new friends, shared experiences, ate wonderful food, enjoyed the shows, ate wonderful food, took sightseeing tours, ate wonderful food, played bingo, ate wonderful food, and just plain enjoyed sharing time with each other and enjoying life.

Thanks for asking!

--Jean & Bob

Going positive here....

Did I mention that the rack of lamb and the lamb shanks in the dining room on Zenith last week were so good that my eyes rolled back in my head? Lamb shanks weren't on the menu on my prior three X cruises, and I love them, so that was a real treat.

Our Assistant Waiter, Keith, looked like a young Antonio Banderas, and also went all the way out to the bar in the Rendez-Vous Lounge to get my Mom a Rob Roy half way though dinner (the cocktail waiters had all mysteriously disappeared at that point). And all asked was for him to send a cocktail waiter over when he saw one!

Going positive here....

Did I mention that the rack of lamb and the lamb shanks in the dining room on Zenith last week were so good that my eyes rolled back in my head?

Our Assistant Waiter, Keith, looked like a young Antonio Banderas, and also went all the way out to the bar in the Rendez-Vous Lounge to get my Mom a Rob Roy half way though dinner

I love it, keep it going.:D

No wonder you guys are overweight. Just kidding. LOL

Bob & I looked at the exercise room from the spa pool many times. Bob actually worked out one day while I was in another part of the ship. Yup...we're a bit "robust", but happy and robust. No offense taken. We've "earned" our girth...ha! We had a great group of people at our dinner table. Each couple was from completely different backgrounds and job history and local. It was great fun!

It was a memorable cruise, but now it's back to work and cooking and cleaning and reality until next time. Phoey!

--Jean & Bob

Gimme a break...

Please do us a favor. Brian. Go back to the HAL board.

I think they need you to spread your sunshine more over there than here.

Thanks.

Brian,

I guess we all have a right to agree to disagree. I hope you enjoy a future cruise that meets up to your expectations. If it is on HAL or Princess or RCI or Celebrity, the important thing is that you are able to see the sunshine and not the clouds. Life is a bummer if you feel unhappy, frustrated, and short-changed. Best wishes on your future sailings.

If you continue to post negative views of Celebrity, just know that there are those of us that will express positive views. And so the wheel goes round and round.

--Jean & Bob

Gimme a break...

New to this board...Is there any way to filter posts to eliminate specific posters that add no value?

New to this board...Is there any way to filter posts to eliminate specific posters that add no value?

Yes--go to "User CP" and click on Buddy/Ignore Lists to create a list of the poster you wish to filter.

Archived