Will we make it on time to the FLL airport?

momK

I managed to get tickets for dh and myself from mid-Michigan to FLL for under $350 each; I figured I'd better nab it now, as the price would probably only get more expensive. We're going on the Prinsendam 12/2 - 12/12. The ship gets in the FLL port at 8AM, and our flight out of FLL is scheduled to leave at 1:10PM; will that be enough time?

Thanks!

We've cruised out of Port Everglades a couple times and have always taken a 1-2pm flight home, even once from the Miami airport. We've always gotten to the airport with plenty of time to spare.

I asked a similar question recently, only the flight I'm looking at this time around is 11:40am. And the response was we should have no problem.

The ships generally allow passengers with earlier flights to disembark with the earlier groups. (The cruises we've taken, they give you a form to fill out mid-cruise with your departure information.) Barring any outrageous circumstances with weather or the ships mechanics, you should have no problem making that flight.

Definitely plenty of time. We are on Westerdam and will be leaving FLL at 11:40 AM. Last time (Zuiderdam) we had booked a late afternoon flight. We went on standby and made it on the earlier flight. HAL is very efficient at getting you off the ship. We were one of the last to depart and it was less than 30 minutes from when we left our room to when we were arriving at airport.

When you fill out your cruise docs put in the time of the flight and they will give you an earlier departure off the ship.

We were on the Sea Princess in February and we docked at 7:30. We were off the ship by 8:15 at the airport at 8:45. Our flight was at 1:30. FLL will not let you check in until 2 hours before your flight.

• 1 month later...

Archived