Soveriegn of the seas

I just read a really bad review on this ship!! Anyone been on it?? Really discouraging...i am going on the explorer of the seas anyone been on this one?? I heard from the review (sovereign of the seas)the room was horrible the food was bad...?

:eek:

Sovereign is an older ship. Yes her rooms are really small - but nowhere near the smallest I have sailed in. The food on RCI is nowhere near as good as it used to be. From what I gather, most mass market cruise lines have downgraded their dining experiences. Sigh.

I've never been on Explorer, but have done Sovereign twice - and will probably do it again. Explorer is a newer ship - the menus will be the same, but other than that, the experience should be different.

don't be worried about the SOS she is a great ship.. Now having said that if you are use to cruising and have only been on the newer bigger ships you may be a little disappointed in SOS but then again maybe not .. SOvereign is a great ship for first timers and people who want a relaxing vacation. We love her yes she is older and smaller but that is what makes her great because she is older and smaller you get a real cruising feeling plus more personal service and fewer crowds. We like her also caus eshe still has brass railings etc.. Yes the food is not the greatest but hey thats really just an opinion, yes the rooms are REALLY small but hey that just makes it more cozy for hubbie and I NO she does not have golfing.iceskating and all the promenade shops and extra resraunts but she has an ASWESOME deck to sit on and look at the ocean and you cannot beat going to COCo cay!! enjoy!!

I've been on both SOS and EOS and had a wonderful time. EOS was our first cruise and it was huge and tons of stuff to do all the time. I took my teens on this cruise and they loved it. The SOS was smaller boat and shorter cruise, there was still plenty to do. I've only cruises with RCI so I can't compare the food with other lines. Personally I love the dining experience and find the choices sufficient and definitely different than what I experience at home. For every bad review you will find a good one, it's a matter of personal preferences. Go and look for the good and you'll find it. The crew is great!!!!

As long as you go on board NOT expecting it to be like the Explorer of the Seas you'll probably be OK. If you want the stuff the Explorer has (ie, mega ship, rock climbing wall, ice rink, etc) then you may want to stick to that class of ship or maybe the Radiance class.

Hi Pkey, long time no see (or is it Sea). What have you got planned?

Archived