Freedom Tenders.

I am eagerly waiting for 4th June, but as from many photos that Freedom has no proper shore tender boats except for normal lifeboats, has anyone seen any! i haven't!!:confused:

Next cruises:) :) :)

June 4th, Freedom Of the Seas, maiden voyage,

November 14th, Voyager of the Seas Transatlantic,

Destiny,

On most of the other RCCL cruiseships tendering is accomplishe by local boats in the particular port. This permits the use of larger tenders and my experience was good with these. BOTTOM LINE... FOS does not have tenders

In Labadee and Coz, they use big tender boats....Labadee's are their own...they stay on the island/beach. Coz tenders are contracted to locals. In GC, they use a combo of contracted and lifeboat tenders. I LOVE the lifeboat tenders! I call them "ping pong balls of the Sea". :)

Tracy

Thanks for info both, That is my only concern about Freedom, that she has no Tender boats, but i have have seen these larger private tenders operarated by the islanders, they're cool,

'Ping pong balls of the Seas' - what a great name!!

Being tendered ashore is really great for me, ok its time cosuming but i love being tendered as you can can some great photos of the ship at anchor:) :) :)

Next cruises,

4th June, Freedom of the Seas, Maiden Voyage,

14th November, Voyager of the Seas, Transatlantic crossing.

Adam Goldstein stated in a recent USA Today article that Freedom will use 5 tenders as opposed to the standard 4 to shuttle people more quickly. We will see what this means when we get to various ports and how effective it is. Hopefully we luck out and dock at Cozumel...

When we have cruised on any number of lines, we have used the ship's tenders more often than not and don't see that it will be any more of a problem with Freedom than any other ship. As mentioned, Freedom will have two docking points for its tenders to speed the procedure for all passengers. We were just on Sapphire Princess and had to use that ship's lifeboats to tender into Cabo San Lucas and the process was very smooth, efficient and timely. I expect to have the same experience when we are on the Freedom next October, by which time they should be docking in Cozumel and tendering (using the lifeboats) only in Grand Cayman since Labadee has its own larger tenders.:)

Archived