Driving to Port Everglades - Need Hotel Recommendation

SC_Sam

DW and I are going to drive from South Carolina to FLL for our cruise in September. We've flown down before, but with all the expense and hassles of flying these days (do I really need to list them?), I thought we'd try driving it this time. According to the computer, it's about nine hours.

My plan is to drive down on Friday afternoon, after I close my office at 1:00 p.m. I'd like to drive to within an hour or so of the port. Does anybody have any suggestions on a good place to stay? Obviously, we'd be getting in late and leaving early the next morning, so that I don't need a resort, but I also don't want a fleabag place, either.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

lots of people (including us) stay at the Amerisuites...it is right beside the port, they allow you to leave your car their during the cruise, the hotel is beside a mall and Publix groc store (if you want to get anything). Also, check the "pre-cruise/post-cruise" threads on cruise critic.

Hi Sam...

I'm a "local" (40 miles or so) and sometimes use Amerisuites when I have an early flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. I leave my car there and they shuttle me to the airport. Easy, convenient and not expensive. Also, their included buffet breakfast is quite adequate.

Arlene

Just got off of the Coral repo and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on S. 17th in FLL about 5 minutes from the port. It was fantastic, clean, and near alot of resturants, stores, etc. High recommend the place. Also free breakfast.

marilyn

Went online, found a AAA rate of $116 per night, plus tax. Then I called the hotel itself, was quoted a rate of $129 per night. When I mentioned the online rate, they matched it. The young lady who helped me was very friendly, making sure to tell me about the hot breakfast and complimentary shuttle. When I asked, she confirmed we could park there for the week for free. Hmmm, let's see, $12x7 is $84. That may just cover my bar tab for a few days! (More likely, will be spent by the DW on knock-off purses in St. Thomas).

Thanks for the guidance.

Sounds like you aren't looking to stay in Ft. Lauderdale but an hour or two north?? I can't help you with that since I'm from Oregon, but if you decide to stay at Amerisuites in Ft. Lauderdale, you can get a better rate by booking through valuetrips.com. I got it for $69 a night.

Cheers!

Jayne

Archived