Anyone cruised the Med late November?

caviargal

There is a very nice late Nov. itinerary on Century I am considering. I have been to Italy often that time of year and enjoy it for the lack of crowds, etc. But I have only cruised in those waters in summer (hated the crowds) and late summer (very nice).

Has anyone sailed this late in the season? Rough seas? Anything else that is worth considering?

thanks!

I'm with you, caviargal . . . October and November are my favorite times to visit southern and central Europe.

As far as rough seas in November, I can only speak from my experience, which involves much smaller vessels in the seas surrounding Italy (Mediterranean, Ionic and Adriatic). But YES, they were as a rule far more choppy than summer seas. I've never done it on anything near the size of a Celebrity ship, so I can't say how much of an impact you would actually feel.

Hi,

I am on Millennium on 10 November in the Med and like you are hoping for kind weather. I Did a late October/early November cruise on Millennium in the Med in 2004, and we had fantastic weather all the time. Its a matter of luck really. Around the same time in 2001 on Aurora we had a force 11 storm in the same area, most interesting!

I would be pretty confident that you will have a fantastic time, and will benifit form far quieter ports.

Happy cruising

Ian :D

Archived