I need some expert advice........

Criscomia

There is a group of us girls going on the Valor, May, 2007. There is a variety of rooms that have already been booked....some inside, some oceanview and mostly balcony's. My roommate and I decided to spring for a suite, which we have already booked....but after looking at the price per person for double occupancy for the suite and getting a balcony room to myself....it comes out about the same price. Should I go with the shared suite, or should I get a balcony room by myself? Any thoughts?

Suites have perks, balcony rooms don't. Weight out the perks like Priority VIP boarding and disembarking, tenders, fancy do dads before dinner, extra soft robes are a few of them.

But if you are saying that for your 1/2 of a suite you can get a balcony for one for the same price you have to think of the privacy. No sharing of a little bathroom, hairdryer. Sleep in late, no snoring to wake you up. Tough call on that one but the suite perks is where you should do your comparsions.

have fun with your galpal, it's only one other person, hopefully you get along, I think it would be fun. I personally wouldn't want a room to myself. In fact, on our upcoming ladies only cruise we are booked 4 to a room and its NOT a suite... will be a little tight but we don't care, we are gonna have fun with out the guys there anyway! :p

I know, I know, this is what I'm pondering in my mind. I know the suites have the great perks, but I also love having time for myself and room to myself. I guess it's a bit selfish if I take the balcony room to myself. I just can't make up my mind....and I definately don't want to be sorry for making the wrong decision.

have fun with your galpal, it's only one other person, hopefully you get along, I think it would be fun. I personally wouldn't want a room to myself. In fact, on our upcoming ladies only cruise we are booked 4 to a room and its NOT a suite... will be a little tight but we don't care, we are gonna have fun with out the guys there anyway! :p

SandyToes -

You are tooooo funny. Yep, it's a bunch of us ladies getting away from our husbands and boyfriends. Just going to let our hair down and have a great time. Too bad it's so far off, but I'm counting the days. Thanks for your imput....really considering staying put in the suite. Hope my snoring doesn't bother my roommate.

Is this a cat 11 or cat 12 suite ?

Actually the only difference between a cat 11 & 12 just a little more square footage. The suites on Carnival are basically just a larger bedroom.

My dh & I had a cat 11 & I felt that it was just fine for the two of us. I really cannot imagine having a third person in there.

If I were you I would take the balcony room by myself or at least book it that way for now & if you wanted to switch & room with the others in the suite it would be no big deal to cancel the one room.

It depends on what you want and what's important to you.

The only major perk with a suite is VIP embarkation, and possibly debarkation. If you're going with a group, do you all want to wait in line together and board together at the same time (so you keep each other company, entertained, and get the group picture boarding)? If so, then VIP boarding won't mean squat to you, as you'll be waiting with the rest of your group.

If it's every man/woman for themselves, and you'll all meet up later, then it might make a difference for you to VIP board.

Also it's a bigger cabin if you wanted to have a private party/gathering at any point.

And how close/comfortable are you to your roommate?:confused:

If it was me, and I was going with a group of friends (it doesn't matter how close I am to them or how much I like them) I'd want my own private cabin. I'd want to have the option to get away when I need, and have my own space and set my schedule on my timing. Also, my own bathroom, and space to get ready for dinner, etc.:D

If you're single, space and privacy for unexpected new friends.:eek:

Let us know what you decide.

CJW

It depends on what you want and what's important to you.

The only major perk with a suite is VIP embarkation, and possibly debarkation. If you're going with a group, do you all want to wait in line together and board together at the same time (so you keep each other company, entertained, and get the group picture boarding)? If so, then VIP boarding won't mean squat to you, as you'll be waiting with the rest of your group.

If it's every man/woman for themselves, and you'll all meet up later, then it might make a difference for you to VIP board.

Also it's a bigger cabin if you wanted to have a private party/gathering at any point.

And how close/comfortable are you to your roommate?:confused:

If it was me, and I was going with a group of friends (it doesn't matter how close I am to them or how much I like them) I'd want my own private cabin. I'd want to have the option to get away when I need, and have my own space and set my schedule on my timing. Also, my own bathroom, and space to get ready for dinner, etc.:D

If you're single, space and privacy for unexpected new friends.:eek:

Let us know what you decide.

CJW

CJW -

I am totally confused now. I love my privacy and am really very good friends with my roommate. All I can do now is to ask her what she thinks and see if she would like her own room also. I care nothing about getting on first or especially getting off first....(don't make me go!!). I guess I'll throw the ball in her court and see what she says. A bathroom to myself would really be nice......huh?

A bathroom to myself would really be nice......huh?

Being a solo cruiser myself, I love having a room and bathroom to myself....so my choice would be to go with your own cabin!

Solo cruiser here, as well, and I LOVE having my own space.

Are you sure about that rate? With the single supplement imposed, you'll be charged 200% for that balcony cabin. For instance, if the cabin rate is $600, you'll be paying $1200 to occupy it alone.

Wow. This is the second post from you I've responded to. No brainer on this one. Take the privacy. You mentioned getting away from husbands and boyfriends. I'm not sure which of you has the husband and which has the boyfriend, but things can happen. Maybe not in you or your roommate's case but I'm shooting from the hip here.

As far as I can see, there's no downside to having your own room except possibly offending your intended roommate. I may be flamed for this one but women generally tend to get along better when they have their own space, especially when they're getting ready to go out (mornings and evenings).

Then again, maybe insisting on your own room could upset the balance of the trip and make you look selfish. That's not a good way to start of a fun trip with the girls. Alright, I'm officially no help. Ignore this post.

Cotton brings up a good point that may decide it for you.

Are you sure that it is half the price of the suite to get the balcony as a single person (because you will have to pay the single person supplement)?

That may work out to be a better deal to stay in the suite.

Make sure.

CJW

:D I like having my own space SO much, that a coupla years ago a friend wanted to go with me after I had booked my cruise. Instead of changing the cabin (and saving $$), I booked her a cabin right across the hall from mine. So, of course, we both ended up paying the single supplement. It was worth it.

I go on the same type of trip every year with girlfriends. I think it's nice to have a separate room for privacy and the bathroom. Sometimes I need to get away for a couple minutes of quiet time...or maybe I want to crash early or sleep in one day. You still have lots and lots of time during the week for bonding.

Cotton.......yes, the pricing is absolutely correct. The suite my roommate and I booked was a suite we picked out. The balcony room is a guarantee balcony cabin, which is a concern, because they could place you in any balcony cabin and maybe not a choice spot. I'm really leaning towards having my own space, but I will have to handle the bringing up of this subject with kit gloves so I don't offend my really good friend........but who knows, maybe she's thinking the same thing and doesn't want to say anything to me. I guess I'll find out real soon when I speak with her. Will let you know how it goes. Also, She's a late sleeper and I'm an early riser who likes to have room service immediately upon waking up........

Caribbean Buckeye........we both have husbands and no hanky panky during girls week away from husbands for either one of us.

Again, thanks for all the input.......I think I know which way I want to go now.

Caribbean Buckeye........we both have husbands and no hanky panky during girls week away from husbands for either one of us.

Sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy your privacy. Also, did you see my reply to your inquiry about the Booze Cruise? I haven't checked it yet but I wanted to be sure you read it. The Booze Cruise is a specific company, not the Yellowbird Party Boat.

No question, you would have the same square footage per person, plus the extra bathroom. I would take the privacy. Unlike what others have insinuated, the only perk is VIP boarding - period, once you are on board, that perk is gone.

Archived