NCL Website question?

Elizabeth27

I was planning for a November cruise on the Jewel, and was playing around on the NCL website.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me: When you go through the motions of booking a cruise on the site, one web page gives you a breakdown of all the charges that add up to your cruise fare.

I believe it lists voyage fare itself, NCF, insurance, and government tax.

Can I expect that to be the TOTAL price of the cruise? Or will I find there are more charges to be added as I continue to book on the website? Just wondering what my bottom line will be.

Thanks in advance....I can't wait to book for real! :)

At the risk of stating the obvious, there are of course the semi-mandatory tips that will be added along with drinks, tours, etc. You might have transfers to and from the ship.

But as far as the cruise itself, yes, that is the total.

Thanks so much for the timely responses. When I first started looking at the NCL site, it appears that the cruises are way more expensive than say those on the Carnival site.

However, it appears that the two lines display their prices differently on their repspective webpages..Carnival lists only the voyage price, and adds the taxes, NCF, etc later on, while NCL gives you the whole price right up front. I didn't realize that until I actually dug a little deeper on the NCL site.

And yes, I realize I will be tipping, and buying excursions, specialty dining, etc. Oh, and I can't forget the numerous foo-foo drinks!!! :p

So, really, sometimes the pricing between the two lines can be quite similar, I guess?

Does anyone have any personal experience with category BA balcony staterooms? If so, I'd love to hear any advice or recommendations on cabin selection. It appears that most of the BA are on Deck 10 - good deck to be on? How about cabins close to elevators? Is it noisier in that area, or not too bad?

Thanks again...this will be my first NCL cruise and I am so excited about seeing the Jewel..she looks to be one of the most beautiful ships around! And you all have been so helpful!:)

We were on the Jewel in cabin 10042 on the 4/30 Jewel Transatlantic and loved it...mid-ship and convenient to the elevators and laundry facilities (14 day cruise and only packed for 9 so that we could have a free suitcase to pack all the return home goodies into - laundry is located across the hall from 10080 or there abouts). Any noise from the elevators are pretty much contained to the elevator landing area anyway so a cabin closer wouldn't be a problem either. Storage space for two people in the cabin on a 14 day trip was very adequate. Hair dryer is out in the bedroom area (versus in the bathroom) in what they are attempting to call a vanity area. TV was located over a desk area which contained the hot pot, mugs, ice bucket and ethernet connection port. Fold out love seat was harder than a rock (somehow though I developed a liking for sitting there while I was online) with a small table. Bathrooms are a little tight with a sliding door for the toilet (very tight fit), a sink/mirror in the the center and a sliding door shower area on the other side. My closet at home is bigger than that bathroom and I do not have a huge house. The bed was very comfy and the mattress was not too hard or too soft....The pillows however are the type that flatten out to nothing so the extra pillows in the storage area behind the door helped immensely.

Word of advice in booking on the Jewel...make sure you book any specialty restaurants right away or you will be out of luck on most nights unless you like to eat really late. You can do it as soon as you arrive on the ship (for our trip it was up in Tango's that first day) and you can look at the menus prior to booking them to help you make up your mind.

LeBistro - Chocolate Fondue (don't miss it....yummmmmyyyyyyy!)

Chin Chin - has some great items on their menu, ate there 3 times and loved everything especially in the fact that what is supposed to be a spicy dish is actually spicy the way it's supposed to be and those that aren't supposed to be aren't.

Teppanyaki - Great entertainment if you can be seated in the first two sections by the door....those two chefs have their act perfected and play off of each other.

Mama's - Good and sometimes great Italian food even though it didn't always taste exactly like DH's grama's cooking (100% 1st generation USA Italian).

Cagney's - Good steak although I've heard they have some issues with their lobster (can't eat shellfish so I don't have first hand knowledge there).

Does anyone have any personal experience with category BA balcony staterooms? If so, I'd love to hear any advice or recommendations on cabin selection. It appears that most of the BA are on Deck 10 - good deck to be on? How about cabins close to elevators? Is it noisier in that area, or not too bad!

We were on the Jewel in April in BA 10th fl, cabin 10086. We were mid ship and right across from the laundry room, which we were unaware of until half way thru the cruise. I loved the location and would book in that area again. We found it to be quiet and convenient.

Archived