Avalon Hotel - Miami

Paphillyguy

I did a search on here and did not come up with anything. Has anyone stayed there recently? Just curious on your thoughts.

I will be staying in Miami Sept 1 - Sept 3 before cruising on the Valor. I currently have a room for 2 nights booked at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown. I can get the Avalon for the same nights for the same price.

It is a great rate.

I am not sure what to do. I am sure the Hyatt is a nicer property but the Avalon in in South Beach. I will not have a car. Never been to Miami. Was going to explore on Sat.

What do you think?

I did read the reviews at trip advisor and they are decent. I have been lead wrong by trip advisors on an occasion or two.

I have never stayed at the Avalon, but have been to South Beach a couple of times. If you have never been and dont plan on rewnting a car I would stay at the Avalon...... Its right on Ocean Drive in South Beach it cant be bad.

When we (a family) stayed at the Hyatt we took public transit(it was during daylight hours!) to Lincoln Road mall area and walked about and went to the beach. I think we had to transfer once.

But I guess if you are into partying, perhaps you should stay in SoBe area.

Have a great cruise!

I would pick the Avalon over the Hyatt any day.

Hyatt; Big impersonal business hotel that needs to be refurbished in downtown Miami.

Avalon; Gorgeous boutique hotel in South Beach and your price includes breakfast at either the Avalon or the South Seas.

No contest, the Avalon.

Archived