4x4, monkeys, and bad backs

pinguino

I just had back surgery and im supposed to be healed up and better by the time the cruise is happening. We're interested in the 4 x 4 Green Monkey Encounter .. think i'd be ok going on that? Is the monkey tour good?

Do you know what 4 X 4 means? Its 4 Wheel drive for off roading. That means lots and lots of bumping and jerking, up and downing on very rough roads. If it was me....and I had back surgery.....:( think I would have to pass. It is fun but is it worth it to jar your back out??? Don't know...Your descion. Whatever u do have a blast :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"is it pretty much jeeps on badly maintained roads?"

Mr. Ping, it's worse than that.....

90% of the time there are no roads.

If you're through rehab and can jog one mile, you may be a canidate.

Backs can be nasty if pushed too soon. Why take the chance of being horizontal after the "outing?"

Do something easier and please come back in a year and see us again when you're 100%.

Those off-road trails will still be there and you'll be more able to enjoy it rather than worrying.......

My best wishes for a wonderful time and for a quick heal of your back! :)

What a lucky guy! Having a doctor that you can e-mail!

WoW! It seems my doc in the states almost has an unlisted phone number!

You'll love the 4x4 experience on Barbados. They tell me that they go to the East coast which is a wonderful part of the island.

Have a ball! :)

• 1 month later...

its a royalcaribbean tour for adventure of the seas.

Take a walk through the shady paths and discover for yourself the mystery of the world Green Monkey. A rare sight outside of West Africa, the Barbados Green Monkey has saved hundreds of thousands and is responsible for 70% of the World’s Polio Vaccine. To see this charming, funny and fascinating animal take the Adventure Safari into the interior, into some of the most beautiful locations in Barbados, many of which are only accessible by 4x4 vehicles. See interesting sights such as, the Scotland District on the East Coast, where the views and scenery will leave you breathless. Quite simply if you haven’t seen the East Coast you really haven’t seen Barbados. This tour departs in the afternoon only in order to be in the Reserve at feeding time for the Monkey Encounter.

Archived