Bermuda and Cruising

Gutenberg

I have looked at the cruises that go to Bermuda and park for a couple of days, then go to the other side of the island and park again for a couple of days before going back to NY. I am not sure I would want to take that cruise because I want to cruise to cruise and enjoy the evenings on the high seas. But maybe there is something in Bermuda that I would want to spend two days there. Could someone who has done a cruise to Bermuda and back, please give me the advantages and disadvantages of docking and not cruising.:rolleyes:

I don't know why most people do it but I did this cruise last year and I am going again this year. The best reason to cruise to Bermuda is that it is so expensive to fly there and stay and eat. With the ship as your hotel and all of your meals included it makes it most affordable. Also if you think about it how many sea days do you usually get on another cruise?? You get about the same number of days at sea, although I do know what you mean about cruising and going out on the decks at night but if you get a port side cabin you will face the water perhaps that would make you feel better about being in port over night.

Well whatever you decide I hope you enjoy!!!!

We've cruised many times and this will be our first DOCKED experience. We can check out the nightlife in Bermuda(which is never done while cruising the ocean) and really get a chance to visit the island, not just staying a few hours as usual. People have been back numerous of times, so there must be something about Bermuda that brings them back time and time again..

I was sold on Bermuda after reading a guide book on it so perhaps that will help convince you as well.

Four days is barely enough on this island .... which is perhaps why it is so popular as a repeat destination for many cruisers.

Some people like cruising overnight, some people like going to a destination. I have always found that cruising(other than Bermuda) is a race as to what you can see before you have to be back on the ship. Bermuda the ship stays overnight and you use it as a hotel while you visit in depth a beautiful island. So you get to go to destination and cruise. Its 30 plus hours each way so you do spend a considerable amount of time at sea....to each their own on this. some people love it some hate it:)..

Was on a one week cruise to Bermuda last summer, and one of the great things about docking there for several days is you can get on & off the ship as often as you like, 24 hours a day.

We would have breakfast on the ship, get off & shop or sightsee, back to the ship for lunch, off again & go to a beach, back for dinner and then off the ship again to go to a local bar or two. It was great! :)

We have cruised to Bermuda twice and have also stayed there a couple of times on land packages. Basically, when you are there you are really using the ship as a Hotel. It is true that the ship will be quieter at night but you so have the sea days both ways to enjoy the ship when it is at sea. To me, Bermuda is one of the classy Islands. We feel safe there and enjoy the Island from its fine shopping to its nice beaches to its nice weather and its nice people. When you are docked in Hamilton at night it's nice to get off the ship and just walk around the city.

Keith

Archived