Can we make a 11:15 flight leaving LAX

gypsyrose48

I will be on the Diamond for a Mexican cruise Oct 21st. Is it possible to get off the ship and make a 11:15 flight. This will be on a Saturday. Never been to LA (except the airport) so I don't know about the traffic or the miles between them. Do you know how much a taxi will cost? or a limo? HELP!

gypsyrose48

You can make the flight if all goes according to plan, but of course there is no way to predict whether Customs will spring an inspection on the ship (happens frequently in LA), somebody doesn't clear immigration properly, holding up everybody on the ship, or some other glitch. Then there's our infamous freeway system, although early on a Saturday morning it shouldn't be horrible. I don't think I would book that early because I'm the type who would stay up at night worrying about whether the ship would dock & we would get off in time. Not the way I want to spend the last night of my cruise!

It's about 20 miles from LAX to the port and in light traffic (everything moving at posted speed limit) should take about 35-40 minutes. A cab will run you around $50, a limo or town car maybe $70 plus tip. SuperShuttle and PrimeTime are two van services that many have used with satisfactory results.

Have fun!

You can do it, but to be on the safe side I'd try to arrange to get off the ship as early as possible. LAX traffic can be confusing and frustrating even for those of us who live here, and an accident on one freeway can cause major ramifications on all surrounding freeways as well.

One amendment I would make to the previous poster is that it can take as little as 35 minutes to get to the airport, but you still have to navigate through it once you arrive there. And it's a huge airport so if you take a shared va (like SuperShuttle) you might be waiting for others to get droped off at several terminals before yours.

Good luck!

Archived