Looking for a website

kimegge

When I took my first cruise there was a place to go to find if your ports would change. Can anyone help me find these websites, or give me the name where to look online. I believe you looked for the destination and then went to a certain gov't site, but I can't remember how to find it.

Thanks

Kim

I know that I use http://www.cruisecal.com, but I don't know how often it is updated. I think that the cruiseline's website would be the best place to check for itinerary changes.

Also, if you check out that cruiseline's forum here on CruiseCritic, the people there are often more "up" on what is going on than the cruiseline's website!

Good luck!

I use cruisecal all the time. Right before we leave, I always check to see if there any changes.

Like the poster stated I dont know how ofter the link is updated. On the Liberty we did not go to Costa Maya but found out once onbaord that we were headed to Ocho Rios instead.

I know, or should I say I remember, someone telling me you could go to......lets say, Cozumel, and then look under....?....and it shows which boats are docking that day. I just can't remember how to do it. It will show you if you have been bumped for that port or not. But it wasn't cruisecal. I will keep researching and let yall know if I do find it.....lol

Thanks everyone

Kim

My best guess is to go to the main web site of your cruise line. For example, Royal Caribbean's main page announced that Mariner of the Seas would not be visiting Labadee when trouble had broken out on the island of Haiti (in 2004). We had signed on for the cruise and were eager to see Labadee, but knew before we left we wouldn't see it.

The other causes of changing ports might not be known before you board and set sail. Engine trouble, bad weather, sudden political strife, whatever. But your cruise director or captain will annouce port changes under such circumstances. Be advised, however, that in many cases, you may end up with an extra day at sea and not be given a substitute port.

Well I have finally found the site where you can see if your ship is going to dock that day. You can go to the place you are going and add port authority and do a search. Like Grand Caymen Port Authority and you will find it. Also, http://www.cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm has some sites you can go to also. But the Port Authorities are always up to date.

Kim

Archived