June 9 TA - Anyone upgraded yet?

jtimmer

How do upgrades work? I understand what it means but how is it determined who may get an upgrade opposed to who will not? If you are upgraded, when would you be notified of that? If you were upgraded from a Britannia class stateroom to a PG suite can you still opt to dine in Britannia?

Thanks for any info.

Sue

Only 78 days to go after booking a year ago. My how time flies!!

We were upgraded from P1 to Q5 (not for the 6/9 crossing), and I have no idea why. Our travel agent called with the news, and then faxed the "upgrade notice" document to us. Our final documents arrived a day or two later, and they still show our orignal cabins.

If you were upgraded from a Britannia class stateroom to a PG suite can you still opt to dine in Britannia?

Sue - why would you want to? (although if you did I would think you could). I know that I've heard stories of people on the QE2 who booked Queens Grill cabins and chose to eat in the Princess Grill because they preferred it.

pnhmrk,

I just love the look of Britannia and because I have never sat down to dinner with 1300 other people. It must be amazing. And besides, by eating in Britannia I can scope out all the badly dressed people (snicker! these boards are having an effect) I was just wondering if the option was there.

Sue

Peter, you knew someone had to say it...why are you ignoring the Mary's more experienced and elegant sister?:)

True, true - but this thread is about the June 9 TA - not only is Mary's older sister more elegant and experienced, alas today she is also more exclusive and elusive on the TA!

Peter

True, true - but this thread is about the June 9 TA - not only is Mary's older sister more elegant and experienced, alas today she is also more exclusive and elusive on the TA!

Peter

Elusive maybe .... but exclusive ???? Weren't they discounting to the bone on the last one??? (elegant and experienced ??? ....I won't even go there!!!)

Ken

Archived